Emolene Cream 50gm
Emolene Cream 50gm Description
Emolene cream is used as a moisturizer to treat and prevent dry or rough, itchy and scaly skin or minor skin irritations. It acts as a hydro nourisher that restores the natural moisture balance. It c
ontains propylene glycol as its active ingredient. Propylene glycol is good for skin hydration and to resolve your skin dryness and dull appearance. The reason for skin dryness is the lack of water in the upper layer of the skin. So propylene glycol acts by forming a layer on the top of the skin and traps the moisture. Emolene cream helps in conditioning of the skin. Use this cream under medical supervision.
Uses of Emolene Cream 50gm
Precautions and Warnings of Emolene Cream 50gm
Other General Warnings
- You have any pre-existing medical condition, especially skin-related problems like skin cuts, infections or sores, etc.
- You experience any adverse effects like stinging, itching, irritation, etc . Report to the physician or dermatologist immediately.
- You have a known allergy to any of the ingredients of this cream or any medicine.
- You should reduce the time being exposed to direct sunlight, after applying this cream.
- Try to use proper sunscreen and wear protective clothing before stepping out.
- It should not be used in children below 2 years, without a doctor's consultation.
Ingredients and Benefits of Emolene Cream 50gm
- Propylene glycol is used as a humectant, emollient or preservative in various skincare products. But it is best known for the attribute of hydrating and humectant agents.
- The main cause of dryness is the lack of water on the upper layer of the skin. Propylene glycol also acts as a skin conditioner. It makes a layer on the top of the skin and traps water in the skin and aids in better absorption of potent ingredients into the skin. Thus, helps in skin conditioning....
Directions for Use of Emolene Cream 50gm
- Emolene cream should be used exactly as directed by the physician and follow the instructions properly mentioned on the package leaflet.
- It is for external use only.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
- You should wash your hands properly before and after the use of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Emolene Cream 50gm
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children.
- Do not use this cream if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- Do not keep outdated cream.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Emolene cream be used for dry skin?
Q: How to use the Emolene cream?
- You should apply the cream exactly as directed on the label or by the physician.
- Read the package leaflet instructions thoroughly before applying.
- Also, check for directions about where not to apply this cream such as bruised or chapped skin, deep cuts or wounds, etc.
- The dose and duration will depend on the affected area and your skin condition.
- If you are using it for dry hands, then wash your hands properly every time before applying.
- If you are using it for the face skin, then clean the affected area and allow it to dry. Apply the required amount of cream and massage gently.
- Propylene Glycol-Glycerin Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 31 Aug 2021]
- Propylene Glycol For Skin: Benefits S, Bhattacharya S. Propylene Glycol For Skin: Benefits, Side effects & How To Use [Internet]. SkinKraft. 2021 [cited 31 Aug 2021]