Emeset 4mg Tablet
Emeset 4 MG Description
Emeset 4 tablet is an antiemetic medicine. It is used for the prevention and control of nausea and vomiting. It contains ondansetron as its main component. Emeset tablets work by blocking the action of the certain natural chemical serotonin, which causes nausea and vomiting.
Emeset 4 tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using it inform the doctor about your detailed medical history, including all the medicines you are currently taking. Ondem 4mg tablet, Zofer 4mg tablet, and Ondet 4mg tablet are some other medicines with ondansetron.
Instead of huge, substantial meals, try to eat small, healthy snacks throughout the day. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Inform your doctor if you are dehydrated, have a salt imbalance, or are losing fluids.
|You Save||₹7.69 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Nausea and vomiting, Motion sickness, sea sickness|
|Side effects||Headache, constipation, sensation of warmth, flushing|
Uses of Emeset 4 MG
- It is used to treat nausea and vomiting caused due to radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- It is used to relieve symptoms of nausea and vomiting before and after surgeries and operations.
Contraindications of Emeset 4 MG
- If you are allergic to Ondansetron or other components of the medicine.
- If you are on Apomorphine medicine.
- If you are on medicines used to treat loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Emeset 4 MG
- Sensation of warmth
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Emeset 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to similar medicines like Granisetron or Palonosetron.
- You have severe constipation or have a blockage in the stomach as the medicine affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a condition of salt imbalance in the blood, dehydration or you are experiencing fluid loss.
Directions for Use of Emeset 4 MG
- Take with a sufficient amount of water, with or without eating a meal.
- Avoid stopping the medicine on your own.
Storage and disposal of Emeset 4 MG
Quick Tips of Emeset 4 MG
- Emeset 4 tablet is used to treat nausea and vomiting. It is prescribed to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting.
- Emeset 4 tablets should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor, in the doses and for the duration prescribed.
- Inform the doctor about your complete medical history, including all medications you are presently taking, before using Emeset 4.
- Try to consume little, healthful snacks throughout the day rather than large, filling meals. Drink water often to help prevent dehydration.
- Tell your doctor if you are dehydrated, have a salt imbalance in your blood or are losing fluids.
Dosage of Emeset 4 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Emeset 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Emeset 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way Emeset 4 mg Tablet works or Emeset 4mg tablet itself affects the way other medicines work when taken together.
- Be cautious if you using medicine like Amiodarone for arrhythmias or uneven heartbeats.
- You may develop irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Doxorubicin, Trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine like Atenolol or Timolol, antimalarial medicine like Halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like Erythromycin and antifungal medicine like Ketoconazole....
- You may develop low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take Emeset tablets along with Apomorphine. Avoid taking together.
- Medicines for relieving pain like Tramadol may not work when taken along with Emeset.
- You may suffer from serotonin syndrome (with symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state when taken along with medicines used to treat mental state like Citalopram or Sertraline....
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine and Rifampicin may affect the action of the medicine.
Dr. Mahesh Muthe
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Emeset work?
Q: Is Emeset 4 tablet sedative?
Q: What is the use of the medicine?
Q: Can I take Emeset 4 tablet during pregnancy?
Q: What must I let the doctor know before taking Emeset 4 tablet?
Q: Can I take medicine for motion sickness?
Q: How many times can you take the Emeset?
Q: Can we give the Emeset after food?
Q: What is the composition of Emeset?
Q: Can I take Emeset for vomiting?
Other Products from this Brand
- EMESET 8MG TABLET
- EMESET 2MG JUICY LEMON FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML SYRUP
- EMESET 2MG AMPOULE OF 2ML INJECTION
- EMESET 2MG AMPOULE OF 4ML INJECTION
- EMESET 8MG AMPOULE OF 4ML INJECTION
- EMESET 2MG AMPOULE OF 4ML INJECTION (PACK OF 10)
- EMESET 2MG STRAWBERRY FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML SYRUP
- EMESET MD 4MG TABLETS
- EMESET MD 8MG TABLET