Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet
Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet Description
Embeta R Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine used to treat high blood pressure. It contains metoprolol and ramipril as its active ingredient. The dose and duration of this medicine are decided by
your doctor after accessing your condition. You should take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results. High blood pressure is a critical health condition, if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels. Your doctor may suggest for few lifestyle modifications. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor before taking this medicine. Do not stop any of the medication without consulting your doctor as it may lead to serious complications.
|You Save||₹24.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ramipril(2.5 Mg) + Metoprolol(25.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, cough, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet
Contraindications of Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to any ingredients present in the Embeta R Tablet.
- If you have a known history of angioedema (swelling due to excess fluid filled under the skin).
- Do not take the Embeta R Tablet with a combination of sacubitril/valsartan therapy (heart medicine). If you are unsure it is recommended to consult your doctor.
- If you have any kind of heart-related problem or kidney problems, high/low blood pressure or any other pre-existing health condition.
- If you are diabetic and having other anti-hypertensive medicines like aliskiren.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have sick sinus syndrome (pacemaker problem in the heart).
Side effects of Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet
- Abdominal discomfort
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of health condition such as heart-related problems like heart failure, chest pain, liver or kidney problem, eye-related problem, low blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- You have any allergies.
- You are an elderly patient that is above 60 years of age.
- You have any history of surgery or planned for any surgery.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have decreased blood volume.
- You have low sodium levels and high potassium levels in the blood. Close monitoring is suggested especially in kidney patients.
Mode of Action of Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Metoprolol helps in relaxing the blood vessels and decrease the heart rate. This helps in improving and increasing the flow of blood and blood pressure is decreased.
- Ramipril works by inhibiting the formation of angiotensin II which constricts the blood vessels. Thus, the inhibitory action causes the relaxation of blood vessels, lowers the blood pressure and makes the pumping of the heart easier....
Directions for Use of Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet
- Embeta R Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the tablet. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Embeta R Tablet works or this combination medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking any medicines to treat stomach ulcers, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, depression, fits, psychiatric problems, bacterial and fungal infections, contraception, diabetes, allergic reactions, respiratory problems, migraine, allergies....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are blood thinners like warfarin, immunosuppressants, anti-gout medicines etc.
Storage and disposal of Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet
- Store the Embeta R Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Embeta R 2.5mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Embeta R Tablet suitable for use for children?
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Restrict salt intake in your diet. Follow a low carb, low-fat food, eat more fruits and leafy vegetables.
- Avoid packaged food.
- Exercise regularly for 30- 40 minutes every day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Take proper medication as prescribed by your doctor.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Cardace Meto [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Metoprolol Tartrate 50 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Ramipril 2.5mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]