Dytor 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
8 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dytor 20 mg tablet contains Torsemide. It is a medicine used for lowering blood pressure, also known as a water pill. Dytor 20 tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and other health conditions associated with water retention in the body. Dytor 20 tablet makes you pass more urine to remove the excess water and salt from the body. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding, have gout, kidney or liver disease before taking this medicine
Uses of Dytor 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Dytor 20 is used for the treatment of hypertension.
- To relieve congestion/swelling due to the accumulation of fluids within the body because of medical disorders of the heart or kidney.
- Your physician shall provide you more information on your medical condition and the need for use of this medication.
Contraindications of Dytor 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to torsemide or sulfonylureas
- If you are unable to pass urine
- If you suffer from kidney disease with no urine output
- If you have very low blood pressure
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- If you have heart disease with irregular heartbeats
- If you have liver failure leading to coma
- If you have fluid depletion in your body
- If you are taking antibiotics like aminoglycoside or cephalosporins
- If you are not sure about which are these medicines ask your doctor
Side effects of Dytor 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Increase in blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia)
- Excessive urination
- Increased uric acid levels
- Decreased potassium levels
- Excessive thirst
Precautions and Warnings of Dytor 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Dytor 20 tablet during pregnancy?
Dytor 20 tablet is not recommended in pregnancy. The effect of Dytor 20 tablet on labor and delivery is unknown.
Can I take Dytor 20 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known whether torsemide passes into human milk. It is not recommended for breastfeeding mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dytor 20 tablet?
This medicine may make you dizzy. It is advisable not to drive if you experience dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Dytor 20 tablet?
Intake of alcohol while taking this medicine must be avoided, as Dytor 20 tablet and alcohol both can decrease blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a medical history, especially kidney problems, liver problems, ear problems (hearing), inability to pass urine, gout.
- You are a diabetic, then regular monitoring of glucose is needed.
- You are an elderly male and experience difficulty in passing urine, immediately inform your doctor.
- Regular monitoring of water, sodium, potassium and other electrolytes is necessary. In case you experience dryness of the mouth, thirst, weakness, lethargy, drowsiness, restlessness, muscle pains or cramps, fatigue, decreased urine, racing heartbeats, nausea, and vomiting then inform your doctor.read less
Mode of Action of Dytor 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Torsemide is a water pill and increases the urinary output of sodium, chloride and water.
Directions for Use of Dytor 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Dytor 20 mg tablets should be taken as advised by your doctor. Take this medicine regularly, preferably at the same time for better blood pressure control.
Interactions of Dytor 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Dytor 20 tablet with cholestyramine (used to lower blood cholesterol) is not recommended.
- Concomitant use of probenecid (a medicine used for the treatment of gout) decreases the action of Dytor 20 tablets.
- Dytor 20 tablet may potentiate the heart and brain-related side effect of lithium (used for certain brain disease).
- Patients receiving a high dose of salicylates (such as aspirin) may experience salicylate toxicity when Dytor 20 is concomitantly used.
- Concomitant use of indomethacin (used for pain, swelling and fever) can reduce the action of Dytor 20 tablet.
- Concomitant use of digoxin (used for heart conditions) with Dytor 20 can increase the risk of getting side effects. Hence, it should be used cautiously.
- Steroids and laxatives may increase potassium excretion through urine when taken along with Dytor 20 tablet.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are currently taking to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Dytor 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dytor 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of Dytor 20 tablet may include dehydration, or an electrolyte imbalance in the body, etc. In case you have taken too much of this medicine, you should immediately contact your treating physician.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the dose, then take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose and consult your doctor for further treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should Dytor 20 mg Tablet be taken?
A: Take Dytor 20 mg Tablet exactly as advised by your doctor. Generally, it is recommended to take Dytor 20 mg tablet, preferably at the same time each day. Dytor 20 tablet is known to cause excess urination, and hence it is advised to take it in the morning or 3-4 hours before going to bed.
Q: How long does it take for Dytor 20 mg Tablet to show its effects?
A: Dytor 20 Tablet starts acting within an hour of taking it orally and its effect lasts for about 6-8 hours when given orally. However, this can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and severity of the disease.
Q: What are the side effects of Dytor 20 mg Tablet?
A: The common side effects of Dytor 20 mg Tablet include but not limited to headache, dizziness, dehydration, constipation, decreased blood pressure and stomach upset. Some of the serious side effects of Dytor 20 Tablet include dehydration and electrolyte imbalance, rapid or excessive weight loss, vomiting blood, chest pain, difficulty breathing or swallowing, blisters or peeling skin, hives, rash, and itching. Consult your doctor immediately if you notice any such symptoms.
Q: Does Dytor 20 Tablet raise blood sugar?
A: Yes, Dytor 20 Tablet may raise blood sugar levels causing hyperglycemia. Hence, it is important to keep track of your blood glucose levels during treatment with Dytor 20 Tablet.
Q: Does Dytor 20 mg Tablet increase creatinine?
A: Yes, Dytor 20 mg Tablet may cause a mild increase in creatinine values depending on the dose you are taking. These increased creatinine levels may increase slightly more when this medicine is used for the long term. However, with discontinuation of the treatment, these levels return to their base value.
Q: Does Dytor 20 mg Tablet cause loss of potassium?
A: Dytor 20 mg Tablet may not cause direct potassium loss. But, in some cases, its use may cause excessive loss of water which may lead to dehydration. This, as a result, may cause loss of potassium, sodium, calcium and magnesium.
Q: Can I stop taking Dytor 20 mg Tablet?
A: Do not stop taking Dytor 20 mg Tablet without talking to your doctor. Stopping the medicine may not overshoot your blood pressure levels but may make your condition as it was before treatment. Therefore, discuss this with your doctor who will advise you to change the medicine or the dosage as per your requirement.
Last Updated on: 07 Dec 2020 | 09:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved