Duxocin 50mg Injection 1'S
By ZYDUS LIFESCIENCES LIMITED
25ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Duxocin 50 MG Description
Duxocin Injection is an anticancer medicine. It is used to treat breast, head and neck, lungs, prostate and stomach cancer. It is used alone or in combination with other anti-cancer medicines. The ac
tive ingredient present is docetaxel. This medicine is an injection and it will be given/administered by the doctor in a healthcare set-up.
|You Save||₹133.08 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, fever, fatigue|
Check more medicines with composition as Doxorubicin(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Duxocin 50 MG
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Head and neck cancer
Contraindications of Duxocin 50 MG
- You have an allergy to the ingredients or their components.
- You have a low white blood cell count, if you are not sure, ask the doctor.
- You have a history of liver disease.
- You are a pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Duxocin 50 MG
- Hair loss
- Swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Duxocin 50 MG
Can I take Duxocin Injection during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy as it may cause fetal harm. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy before initiating treatment with the medicine. If you become pregnant while taking the treatment, inform the doctor immediately.
Can I take Duxocin Injection while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the component of the medicine passes in breast milk. To avoid risk breastfeeding must be discontinued while receiving treatment with the medicine.
Can I drive after taking Duxocin Injection?
The medicine may impair the ability to drive, avoid driving after taking the injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Duxocin Injection?
Avoid alcohol while on treatment with the medicine as it may worsen the side effects. Inform your doctor about your drinking habits if you drink too often, have a liver condition or suffer from fits and seizures.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from liver disease, alcoholism or seizures.
- You have a kidney-related problem of a high level of uric acid in the body.
- You have been treated with a medicine-paclitaxel and experienced an allergic reaction.
- You are already on other anti-cancer medications.
- You have a low white blood cell count.
- You experience serious skin problems like peeling, rashes, flu-like symptoms, blisters etc.
- You experience abnormal swellings due to excess accumulation of fluid in the body, pain, tingling, or burning in the hands and feet, skin rashes, etc. after taking the injection. Inform the doctor immediately....
Mode of Action of Duxocin 50 MG
How Does It Work?
The medicine works by interrupting the multiplication of cancer cells that results in cells being inactive and this leads to the death of the cancerous cells.
Directions for Use of Duxocin 50 MG
The medicine will be given in the hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject the medicine.
Interactions of Duxocin 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines affect the way Duxocin Injection works, or Duxocin Injection itself affects the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Especially if you are antibiotics, antifungals, anti-infectives, anti-HIV medicines, etc....
Storage and disposal of Duxocin 50 MG
Store between 2°-25°C, protected from bright light. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Duxocin 50 MG
The possibility for overdose is unlikely as the medicine will be administered/given by a healthcare professional. If unusual signs and symptoms experienced, then immediately inform the doctor.
Missed a Dose
The possibility of missing a dose is unlikely as the medicine will be administered by a healthcare professional.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Duxocin Injection works?
A: Duxocin Injection works by interrupting the multiplication of cancer cells that results in cells being inactive and this leads to death of the cancerous cells.
Q: How Duxocin Injection is given?
- The medicine comes in a form of injection, it will be given in the hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection or infusion.
- Follow the aftercare instruction given by the doctor.
- If unusual symptoms occur after taking the injection, inform the doctor immediately.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- [Internet]. Products.sanofi.ca. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Docetaxel 20 mg/ml concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed