Dozep 75mg Tablet
By TALENT INDIA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dozep 75 mg tablet is mainly used to treat depression. Dozep 75 mg tablet belongs to the antidepressants class of medications. Depression is a medical condition characterized by feelings of sadness anger that can affect one's daily activities. Dozep 75 mg tablet is composed of 75 mg of Dosulepin/Dothiepin. It can also be used for treating disorders related to anxiety. Anxiety is defined as an emotion characterized by feelings of tension and worrying thoughts. Dozep 75 mg tablet is a prescription medicine, and it is to be taken exactly as suggested by the physician. Do not take in more than prescribed amounts. Consult your physician immediately if you experience any persistent side effects, worsening condition, or allergic side effects. Continue taking the Dozep 75 mg tablet for as long as your doctor recommends. It is essential to follow and complete the course of treatment. Do not give the medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms or condition as you. Inform your doctor about your medical history and if you are planning to take any new medicines to avoid any drug interactions. Do not stop taking medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal effects like depression, sleep disorders, or worsening of your condition. Your doctor may taper the dosage gradually based on your medical condition before completely stopping the treatment....
|You Save||₹15.19 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Dosulepin / Dothiepin(75.0 Mg)|
|Uses||As an Antidepressant- indicated in the treatment of psychotic depression, neurotic depression, anxiety, depression.|
|Side effects||Somnolence Sedation Constipation Dizziness Nausea Vomiting Visual disturbances|
Check more medicines with composition as Dosulepin / Dothiepin(75.0 Mg)
Uses of Dozep 75 MG
- As an Antidepressant- indicated in the treatment of psychotic depression, neurotic depression, anxiety, depression.
Contraindications of Dozep 75 MG
- If you have Dosulepin/Dothiepin hypersensitivity or an allergy to any other ingredients present in Dozep 75 mg tablet, you are currently using antidepressants or have used them within the last 14 days
- Acute recovery period after a myocardial infarction (heart attack)
Side effects of Dozep 75 MG
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Dozep 75 MG
Can I take a Dozep 75 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Dozep 75 mg tablets are not recommended during pregnancy. Limited studies have been reported that this medicine can cause harmful effects to the developing baby. However, consult your doctor before using the medicine.
Can I take Dozep 75 mg tablets while breastfeeding?
It may be unsafe to use Dozep 75 mg tablets while breastfeeding. Since, this medicine can be excreted into human breast milk. You must seek medical consultation to decide whether to discontinue nursing or discontinue the medicine.
Can I drive if I have taken Dozep 75 mg tablets?
No. It’s not advisable to drive or operate any heavy machinery that requires high mental alertness if you are taking a Dozep 75 mg tablet. It can cause side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, and blurred vision. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Can I consume alcohol with the Dozep 75 mg tablets?
Dozep 75 mg tablets should not be used together with alcohol. Interaction of alcohol with this medicine can cause increased dizziness, drowsiness and lightheadedness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your symptoms do not get resolved, or your condition worsens
- You have long term cardiac, liver, and kidney disease
- You have an addiction to alcohol or medicines
- You have a history of depression or anxiety
Mode of Action of Dozep 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Dozep 75 mg tablet exerts its mechanism of action by acting on certain chemical neurotransmitters in the brain that helps to regulate mood and depression. Dozep 75 mg tablet contains Dosulepin/Dothiepin, which is considered a mixed reuptake inhibitor. It inhibits the reuptake of noradrenaline and serotonin in the brain. Noradrenaline acts as both hormone and neurotransmitter in the brain. It regulates alertness, focuses attention, restlessness and anxiety. At the same time, serotonin carries messages between nerve cells and is responsible for regulating mood and anxiety. Thus by acting on these messengers, Dozep 75 mg tablet helps relieve the symptoms of depression....
Directions for Use of Dozep 75 MG
- Always take the Dozep 75 mg tablet exactly as directed by your doctor
- You can take the Dozep 75 mg tablet with or without food
- Swallow Dozep 75 mg tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew or crush it
- Read the label instructions carefully
- Dosage should be taken in recommended amounts at a particular time in a day to get maximum benefits and desired clinical effect
Interactions of Dozep 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid undesirable side effects associated with drug interaction, inform your doctor about all medicines and supplements you are currently taking.
- Dozep 75 mg tablet can cause adverse reactions when taken with the following medicines:
- Interaction with antidepressants like moclobemide and selegiline can increase the serotonergic effects of Dozep 75 mg tablet
- Interaction with anticoagulants like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding
- Interaction with benzodiazepines and antidepressants like phenelzine, iproniazid, isocarboxazid, nialamide, and imipramine can cause additive central nervous system depressant effects
- Interaction with anti-parkinson's medicines like levodopa can decrease the absorption of the medicine levodopa
Storage and disposal of Dozep 75 MG
Store Dozep 75 mg tablet at room temperature below 25℃. Store it in an airtight container, away from the reach of children and pets. Keep the Dozep 75 mg tablet away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture. Keep your tablets in the packaging until it is time to take them. Do not throw away the medicines with household waste. Dispose of the expired/unused medicine immediately as biomedical waste. Do not use it post the date of expiry stated on the label....
Dosage of Dozep 75 MG
Do not take Dozep 75 mg tablets in more than prescribed doses. Symptoms of overdosage can be convulsions, unusual muscle movements, difficulty breathing, a very high temperature or irregular heartbeat, restlessness, nausea and vomitings. In case of an overdose of Dozep 75 mg tablet, seek emergency medical treatment and contact your doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose of Dozep 75 mg tablet just and when you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not alter the recommended dosage, as it can have adverse effects....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does a Dozep 75 mg tablet take to work?
A: Dozep 75 mg tablets, like many medicines, do not work straight away. It may take several weeks for some symptoms to improve. Usually in four to six weeks other symptoms should begin to improve. Consult your doctor if you're not feeling any better after taking this medicine for 6 weeks, if you're worried about side effects, or if you're having thoughts of harming yourself.
Q: Can you stop taking Dozep 75 mg tablets if you feel well?
A: Do not stop taking Dozep 75 mg tablets suddenly even if you feel well. Abrupt stoppage of this medicine can cause unpleasant effects like headaches, flu-like symptoms, feeling sick, finding it hard to sleep, and feeling restless or anxious. It is advisable to consult your doctor to prevent these undesirable side effects.
Q: Are Dozep 75 mg tablets addictive?
A: No habit forming tendencies were reported with Dozep 75 mg tablets.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 6].
- User. Dothep tablet [Internet]. Gov.my. [cited 2022 Mar 6].
- Lancaster SG, Gonzalez JP. Dothiepin: A review of its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties, and therapeutic efficacy in depressive illness. Drugs [Internet]. 1989 [cited 2022 Mar 6];38(1):123–47.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.