Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dompan Tablet contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone, an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat acid reflux or GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. The combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone is used in patients in which Pantoprazole alone is not able to control the acid reflux. This medicine works best if it is taken before meals.
Uses of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dompan Tablet is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to pantoprazole alone. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Contraindications of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone or any of the ingredients of Dompan Tablet.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or an electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- An altered sense of taste
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Joint and muscle pain
- Decreased magnesium in the blood
- Polyps in the stomach
- Irregular menses, breast enlargement, breast swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Dompan Tablet during pregnancy?
- Dompan Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as its components may cause harm to your unborn baby.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Dompan Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Components of the Dompan Tablet passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect the breastfed baby.
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dompan Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or operate machines if you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances while taking Dompan Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Dompan Tablet?
There are no interactions reported between this medicine and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse, thus you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Dompan Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and an electrolyte imbalance.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking the Dompan Tablet.
- You are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine for the last one year.
- You develop a skin rash on exposure to the Sun, stop your treatment and immediately inform your doctor.
- Taking Dompan Tablet for more than a year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
Mode of Action of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking the acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach, intestines; so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dompan Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken in the morning before food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Dompan Tablet contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection like Atazanavir.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin.
- Do not take this medicine along with Methotrexate.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Posaconazole.
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like Erythromycin.
- Medicines used to treat heart diseases or medicines that may affect your heart.
Interactions with food items
To be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The overdose of the Dompan Tablet may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggression, fits, sleepiness, slurred speech, anxiety etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions I need to take before taking the Dompan Tablet?
- You need to tell your doctor if you have any heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Check if you have low levels of magnesium or vitamin B12.
- You should avoid using this medicine for a prolonged time.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines for treating HIV.
Q: What is GERD?
A: GERD stands for gastro-intestinal reflux disorder. There is a valve-like structure in between the stomach and food pipe, which allows the food to pass from the food pipe into the stomach. In this disease, the acid from the stomach flows back upwards in the food pipe. This acid then causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to the food pipe.
Q: Can I give Dompan Tablet to my child for acidity?
A: No, Dompan Tablet is not meant for children less than 12 years of age.
Q: Can Dompan Tablet be used as an antacid?
A: It is better to use a medicine containing only Pantoprazole to control acidity. If the symptoms of acidity like upper abdominal burning persist after the use of Pantoprazole, then you can use the Dompan Tablet.
Q: When should I take Dompan Tablet?
A: Dompan Tablet should be taken on an empty stomach 30mins before meals, preferably in the morning.
Last Updated on: 06 Mar 2021 | 11:34 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved