Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dompan tablet is an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat the acid reflux condition or GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease). A condition where the content from the stomach along with acid flows back to the food pipe, causing irritation and heartburn. It contains a combination of pantoprazole and domperidone as active components. This medicine works by blocking the acid secretion in the stomach. It helps relieve the symptoms of heartburn, chest pain, discomfort and irritation associated with acid reflux. Take this medicine on an empty stomach, preferably at least 30 minutes before a meal in the morning. Avoid spicy, oily, fried and junk food while on this medicine. Before using Dompan, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹21.24 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Domperidone(10.0 Mg),Pantoprazole(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, GERD|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, dry mouth, headache, weakness, rashes, nausea|
|Classification||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Pantoprazole(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dompan tablet is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to pantoprazole alone. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity....
Contraindications of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or domperidone or any of the ingredients of Dompan tablet.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or an electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Dompan tablet during pregnancy?
It is not advised to take a Dompan tablet during pregnancy unless your doctor considers it essential after assessing the benefits over risks. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Dompan tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Dompan tablet passes into the breast milk in small amounts, thus consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits and needs, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dompan tablet?
It is advised not to drive or operate machines if you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances while taking Dompan tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Dompan tablet?
There are no interactions reported between this medicine and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse, thus you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Dompan tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever and experience black stools after taking this medicine.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- On exposure to Sun, you get a rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- You are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You have any medical condition like stomach ulcers, cancer, electrolyte imbalance, heart problems, liver or kidney-related disorders, etc.
- You are taking medicines to treat infections or you have HIV.
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine for the last year.
Mode of Action of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking the acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach, intestines; so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dompan tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken in the morning before food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Dompan tablet or this tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for heart-related disorders, anti-HIV medicines, anti-fungal medicines like ketoconazole, antibiotics like erythromycin, anticoagulants like warfarin, etc.
Interactions with food items
- Dompan tablet should be taken on an empty stomach.
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Dompan tablet below 25°C.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dompan Strip Of 10 Tablets
Overdose of Dompan tablet may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggression, fits, sleepiness, slurred speech, anxiety etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Dompan tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions I need to take before taking Dompan tablet?
- You need to tell your doctor if you have any heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Check if you have low levels of magnesium or vitamin B12.
- You should avoid using this medicine for a prolonged time.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines for treating HIV.
Q: What is GERD?
A: GERD stands for gastro-intestinal reflux disorder. There is a valve-like structure in between the stomach and food pipe, which allows the food to pass from the food pipe into the stomach. In this disease, the acid from the stomach flows back upwards in the food pipe. This acid then causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to the food pipe.
Q: Can I give Dompan tablet to my child for acidity?
A: No, Dompan tablet is not meant for children less than 12 years of age.
Q: Can Dompan tablet be used as an antacid?
A: It is better to use a medicine containing only Pantoprazole to control acidity. If the symptoms of acidity like upper abdominal burning persist after the use of Pantoprazole, you can use Dompan tablet.
Q: When should I take Dompan tablet?
A: Dompan tablet should be taken on an empty stomach 30 minutes before meals, preferably in the morning.
Q: What is the composition of Dompan tablet?
A: Dompan tablet contains a combination of domperidone and pantoprazole, an anti-reflux medicine.
Q: For how long should I take Dompan tablet?
A: Your doctor will decide the frequency and duration of the treatment with the Dompan tablets after assessing your condition. You should not stop taking this medicine before completing the treatment and neither should you take it for a longer duration.
Q: Can I take Dompan after food?
A: Dompan must be taken as directed by the doctor. It should preferably be taken in the morning at least 1 hour before the first meal.
Q: How long does Dompan take to work?
A: Dompan start showing its effect with an hour of its oral intake. However, it can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: Can I take Dompan for vomiting?
A: Dompan is used to treat the acid reflux condition and prevents its associated conditions such as nausea, vomiting, or stomach upset due to acid reflux. This medicine must not be taken for vomiting or condition other than what it is prescribed for. Hence it would be best to take a doctor's advice before taking any medicine to treat vomiting.
Q: Dompan tablet vs Domstal, how do they differ?
- Dompan tablet is a combination of medicine. It contains two ingredients, pantoprazole and domperidone. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux diseases, not responding to pantoprazole alone or other acidity medicines. ...
- Domstal contains domperidone. It is used to treat vomiting, nausea, motion sickness, indigestion, etc.
- Your doctor may prescribe you the medicine suitable for you after accessing your medical history.
- PANSEC DSR Capsules (Pantoprazole Gastro-resistant + Domperidone Prolonged-release) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
- PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE TABLETS [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.