Dolomed T 100mg Injection
By COMED CHEMICALS PVT LTD
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dolomed T 100 MG Description
Dolomed T 100mg is an injection containing tramadol (100mg) as an active ingredient. It inhibits the reuptake of neurotransmitters- serotonin and noradrenaline. It is a pain killer medicine that acts
on the central nervous system. Dolomed T 100mg Injection is used to relieve pain associated with arthritis, joints, cancer, lower back, neck, headache, etc. It is also used to relieve pain after surgical procedures. It should not be administered to children below 2 years of age. The injection should not be used without the doctor’s approval.
|You Save||₹2.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Pain associated with arthritis, joint pain, cancer pain, lower back pain, neck pain, headache, pain after surgical procedure pain.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, nausea, constipation, headache, vomiting, itchy skin, sweating, pain in the upper abdomen, dry mouth, diarrhoea.|
|Therapy||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Check more medicines with composition as Tramadol(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Dolomed T 100 MG
- Treatment of pain associated with arthritis
- Treatment of joint pain
- Treatment of cancer pain
- Treatment of lower back pain
- Treatment of neck pain
- Treatment of headache
- Relieve pain after surgical procedures
Contraindications of Dolomed T 100 MG
If you are allergic to Dolomed T 100mg Injection or its active ingredient If you consume alcohol If you are pregnant or breastfeeding If you have a respiratory disease If you are on a CNS depressant If you have a kidney disease If you have a liver disease...
Side effects of Dolomed T 100 MG
- Itchy skin
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Dolomed T 100 MG
Can I take Dolomed T 100mg Injection during pregnancy?
Dolomed T 100mg Injection is a category D medicine. This means it has potential side effects on the foetus and can be unsafe to use during pregnancy. The limited animal and human studies available have shown some effects on the foetus. Seek advice from the doctor before administering the injection.
Can I take Dolomed T 100mg Injection while breastfeeding?
Dolomed T 100mg Injection is not safe to be taken while breastfeeding as it passes through the breastmilk in a significant amount that can affect the baby. It can cause sleepiness, dizziness, serious breathing issues etc. In such cases, breastfed babies should be closely monitored as not many studies have been done and limited information is available.
Can I drive if I have taken Dolomed T 100mg Injection?
Do not drive while using Dolomed T 100mg Injection as it causes drowsiness, dizziness, a decrease in blood pressure or headache. It causes CNS depression which incapacitates the mental and physical being of the person. So, do not perform activities that require mental alertness, such as driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Dolomed T 100mg Injection?
No, you should not drive while using Dolomed T 100mg Injection as it causes side effects that can cause sleepiness, dizziness, difficulty in concentration and fatigue. It works on the CNS, which hinders the mental and physical being of the person. So, do not perform activities that require mental alertness and physical strength, such as driving
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You notice any allergic reactions.
- Your condition does not improve or become worse after taking the medication.
- You are trying to conceive, breastfeeding, or on birth control pills.
- You want to stop the medication.
- Before the doctors prescribe this medication, talk to your doctor about your past and ongoing medical history. Some diseases and conditions can make you more susceptible to side effects or intensify them....
- Dolomed T 100mg Injection should not be given to children without consulting the doctors.
Mode of Action of Dolomed T 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Dolomed T 100mg injection is an opioid pain reliever that works by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain. It acts on the central nervous system.
Directions for Use of Dolomed T 100 MG
- A dose of 50-100 mg may be given every 4 to 6 hours by intramuscular or intravenous infusion.
- For the treatment of postoperative pain, the initial dose of Dolomed T Injection is 100 mg followed by 50 mg every 10 to 20 minutes. If necessary, a maximum dose of 250 mg can be administered in the first hour. ...
- Thereafter, 50 to 100 mg doses are injected every 4 to 6 hours up to a total daily dose of 600 mg.
Interactions of Dolomed T 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Dolomed T 100mg Injection has additive effects when combined with CNS depressants (including alcohol) and benzodiazepines.
- Dolomed T 100mg Injection interacts with other serotonergic agents that increase serotonin in the body.
- Dolomed T 100mg Injection interacts with medicines that reduce the seizure threshold as it can induce convulsions.
Interactions with food items
- There is no information available regarding the interaction of food with Dolomed T 100mg Injection.
Storage and disposal of Dolomed T 100 MG
Store Dolomed T 100mg Injection at room temperature, away from direct heat and light in an airtight container. Keep the injections away from pets and children. When disposing of, make sure to remove the needle from the syringe and put it in a container....
Dosage of Dolomed T 100 MG
- Don’t take more than the prescribed dose. Overdose will lead to toxicity in the body. It can lead to severe side effects like rashes, hives, dizziness, swelling, wheezing, cough, shortness of breath, etc. In case of an overdose, seek emergency medical care....
- Do not administer the same injection to someone else who has the same condition as it may lead to unwanted side effects.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the dose of Dolomed T 100mg Injection, take it as soon as you remember. If it is close to the time of the next dose, take the next dose at the normal time. Do not inject two doses together or more than prescribed to compensate for the missed dose. Do not stop or change the dosage without medical consultation. In case you are regularly missing the required dose, set a reminder. Consult your doctor on how you can manage missed doses....
DR. Pallavi Kaushik
BDS & Masters in Clinical Research
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Dolomed T 100mg Injection cause liver damage?
A: Yes, Dolomed T 100mg Injection can cause acute liver damage.
Q: How long does the effect of Dolomed T 100mg Injection last?
- Dolomed T 100mg Injection remains active in the body for almost 48 hours.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed