Diprovate G Cream 10gm
By FULFORD (INDIA) LTD
10g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diprovate G Cream 10gm is a topical preparation containing a combination of two medicines - Betamethasone and Gentamicin. It is used to treat various skin conditions associated with bacterial infections such as dermatitis and eczema. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects. However, they normally fade away with time. Consult your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Diprovate G Cream 10gm
Diprovate G Cream 10gm is used in treating various types of bacterial skin infections like dermatitis, eczema (itchy skin inflammation).
Contraindications of Diprovate G Cream 10gm
- If you are allergic to Betamethasone, Gentamicin or any other ingredients of Diprovate G Cream 10gm.
- If you have itching or infections of the nose, ears, around your mouth, back or private parts.
- If you have pimples, itching without skin redness.
- If you have viral, bacterial or fungal skin infections.
- If your child is less than a year old.
Side effects of Diprovate G Cream 10gm
Burning sensation, pain, irritation, redness, itching or dryness at the area Diprovate G Cream 10gm is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Diprovate G Cream 10gm
Can I use Diprovate G Cream 10gm during pregnancy?
There is limited data available about the use of Diprovate G Cream 10gm in pregnant women. Hence, consult your doctor before using this cream during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe it to you if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks. In case you are prescribed with this cream, avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use Diprovate G Cream 10gm while breastfeeding?
There is limited data available on the use of Diprovate G Cream 10gm in a breastfeeding woman. In case you are prescribed with this medicine, avoid using it on breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Diprovate G Cream 10gm?
Diprovate G Cream 10gm is a topical preparation and may not affect your ability to drive or handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Diprovate G Cream 10gm?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Diprovate G Cream 10gm. Hence, consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a skin infection.
- Your symptoms do not improve within 7 days of treatment.
- You had a previous allergic reaction with any other steroid.
- You develop any irritation, sensitivity or superinfection after using this cream.
- You are applying the cream under an airtight dressing, eyes, mouth, open wounds, face or on a large surface area.
- Diprovate G Cream 10gm should not be used on children less than a year old.
- It should not be used in large quantities or on large areas for a long time.
- Diprovate G Cream 10gm should not be used for more than 5 days in children or when applied on the face.
- It would be best if you do not use it on the face where the skin becomes thin unless advised by the doctor.
- It should not be applied to the eyes, mouth, open wounds. In case of such exposure, wash the affected part with lots of water.
Mode of Action of Diprovate G Cream 10gm
How Does It Work?
- Diprovate G Cream 10gm works by the combined action of both its components - Betamethasone and Gentamicin.
- Betamethasone is a topical steroid and reduces the inflammation, swelling and redness of skin by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body called prostaglandins.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic that attaches to the genetic material of bacteria, making it incapable of producing substances required for its survival, ultimately killing the bacteria and in turn helps in reducing the symptoms.read less
Directions for Use of Diprovate G Cream 10gm
- Diprovate G Cream 10gm is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by the doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds and gently rub.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with Diprovate G Cream 10gm, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Diprovate G Cream 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Diprovate G Cream 10gm is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, inform your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.read less
- You need to be cautious while using medicines like erythromycin (used to treat bacterial infections), ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections) along with Diprovate G Cream 10gm.read less
Storage and disposal of Diprovate G Cream 10gm
- Diprovate G Cream 10gm should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Diprovate G Cream 10gm
As Diprovate G Cream 10gm is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe them out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton. Excessive use of this cream for a longer duration is not advised, as it can lead to hormonal issues. Upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Diprovate G Cream 10gm, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply the cream to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Diprovate G Cream 10gm?
A: If you get any cream in your eyes, rinse with water thoroughly. Keep your eyes open when you rinse.
Q: Can I stop using Diprovate G Cream 10gm on my own?
A: No, you should never stop using this medicine until advised by the doctor, as it may lead to the recurrence of infection.
Q: Can we apply Diprovate G Cream 10gm on the face?
A: The skin on your face is very delicate and thin. Hence, consult a doctor before using any cream directly on your face. Moreover, it contains a steroid which can cause thinning of the skin.
Q: How to use Diprovate G Cream 10gm?
A: Apply a thin layer on a clean and dry area and gently rub it and let it firmly absorb into the skin. Always wash your hands before and after applying Diprovate G Cream 10gm, unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:45 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved