Dermurex Oint 5gm
Dermurex 2 % Description
Dermurex Ointment is a topical antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections. It contains mupirocin as active ingredient. This Ointment works by inhibiting the growth and spread of i
nfection causing bacteria. Dermurex Ointment is meant for external application only and should be applied as directed by the doctor.
- T Bact 2% Oint 5gmBy Glaxosmithkline5g Ointment in TubeMRP 113.62₹ 96.58₹ 19.32/Gram
- T Bact 2% Ointment 15gmBy Glaxosmithkline15g Ointment in TubeMRP 340.87₹ 289.74₹ 19.32/Gram
- M Sys Ointment 10gmBy Systopic Laboratories10g Ointment in TubeMRP 134.50₹ 117.02₹ 11.7/Gram
Uses of Dermurex 2 %
Contraindications of Dermurex 2 %
Side effects of Dermurex 2 %
Precautions and Warnings of Dermurex 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You are applying Dermurex Ointment on a cut, open wounds, broken or damaged skin, or on a larger skin area.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (Ointment, Ointment, lotion, etc).
- Do not use this Ointment for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
- Avoid getting any medicine into your eyes, nose, mouth. In case of such exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
Mode of Action of Dermurex 2 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dermurex 2 %
- Dermurex Ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label before use.
- Clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Dermurex 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Dermurex 2 %
- Store Dermurex Ointment at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Do not freeze
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Dermurex 2 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Dermurex Ointment be used for fungal infections?
Q: Does Dermurex Ointment contain a steroid?
- CDSCO - Mupirocin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]