Deriphyllin Tab 30's
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Deriphyllin tablet is used to treat lung and airway-related disorders such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Deriphyllin tablet is a combination of etofylline and theophylline as its active ingredients. Asthma is a condition where the airway is narrowed or swollen with increased production of mucous. This condition leads to difficulty in breathing and coughing and can affect physical activity. COPD is a severe lung disease where the airway is much swollen and obstructed, which results in coughing, wheezing and breathing difficulties. This medicine clears the obstruction, reduces cough, breathlessness and discomfort associated with it.
Uses of Deriphyllin Tab 30'S
Deriphyllin tablet is used to manage the airway obstruction or tightening associated with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Contraindications of Deriphyllin Tab 30'S
- If you are allergic to theophylline, etofylline or any other component of this medicine
- If you have a rare blood disorder named porphyria
- If this medicine is given along with other asthma medicines like ephedrine to children less than 6 years of age
Side effects of Deriphyllin Tab 30'S
- Abdominal pain
- Increased urination
- Irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Deriphyllin Tab 30'S
Can I take Deriphyllin tablet during pregnancy?
Deriphyllin tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
Can I take Deriphyllin tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Deriphyllin tablet pass into human milk which may affect the breastfed baby. Use this medicine under a doctor's supervision.
Can I drive if I have consumed Deriphyllin tablet
Deriphyllin tablet is not known to affect the driving abililty. However, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Deriphyllin tablet
No, alcohol should not be consumed with this medicine as it interferes with the effect of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems, including high blood pressure.
- You have any severe lung diseases, thyroid, liver problem, stomach ulcers.
- You have any viral infections.
- You have a history of fits or seizures.
- You have prostate-related issues (especially in aged males).
- You are a smoker or have a habit of drinking alcohol, it may alter the way this medicine works.
- Deriphyllin tablet should not be used in children below 6 months of age.
Mode of Action of Deriphyllin Tab 30'S
How Does It Work?
- Deriphyllin tablet contains theophylline and etofylline, they are known as bronchodilators
- Etofylline is a derivative of theophylline. It works by dilating and relaxing the muscles of the airway
- Theophylline reduces swelling in the lungs of asthma patients and relieves the feeling of blockage
Directions for Use of Deriphyllin Tab 30'S
- Take this medicine as a whole with water, with or without eating a meal
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail as directed by your doctor
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own
Interactions of Deriphyllin Tab 30'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Deriphyllin works or Deriphyllin itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorders.Read less
- The use of anaesthetics like halothane with this medicine can result in irregular heartbeats.
- Anticancer medicines such as lomustine, when used with the Deriphyllin tablet may lead to decreased platelets.
- Deriphyllin tablets, when used together with steroids and water pills, may result in decreased potassium levels.
- The use of any other medicines containing theophylline or derivatives of theophylline may result in increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Deriphyllin Tab 30'S
- Store it at room temperature away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Deriphyllin Tab 30'S
Overdose of Deriphyllin tablet can cause blood vomiting, pain in the upper abdomen, restlessness, muscle stiffness, fits, low blood pressure and irregular heartbeats, etc . If you feel you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Deriphyllin tablet be given to patients with heart disorders?
A: Deriphyllin tablet should be used cautiously in patients with heart disorders, as this medicine may cause an increase of heartbeats. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Can Deriphyllin tablet be given to patients with diabetic patients?
A: Deriphyllin tablet should be given to diabetic patients with caution; it may increase blood glucose. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Does Deriphyllin contain steroids?
A: No, Deriphyllin does not contain steroids.
Q: Does Deriphyllin cause drowsiness?
A: Consuming this medicine can make you feel drowsy and less alert. It is recommended to avoid driving or operating machines after consuming this tablet.
Q: Can I use Deriphyllin tablet for cough?
A: Deriphyllin tablet can be used for cough and breathlessness associated with asthma or lung related disorders. However, occurence of cough could be due to various reasons. Hence it is recommended to consult a doctor before using this medication and self medication should be avoided.
- Uniphyllin Continus 200 mg prolonged release tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Uniphyllin Continus 200 mg prolonged release tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Etofylline nicotinate | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved