Depran H Strip Of 10 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Depran H tablet is a prescription medication commonly used for various anxiety and mood disorders. It combines two medicines: escitalopram (10 mg) and clonazepam (0.5 mg). Escitalopram is an antidepressant, and it belongs to the SSRI ( selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) class of medicines. Clonazepam is a tranquilliser, and it belongs to a class of medicines called benzodiazepines. Anxiety and other mood disorders affect how you feel, and it is always accompanied by major depressive disorder. The reasons behind it are mostly unknown. It can be caused by sudden triggers like stress, trauma, etc. The Depran H tablet helps stabilise mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain. It can also cause a relaxing mood and sedation effect. The dose of the Depran H tablet should be carefully monitored in everyone, especially in older patients and patients with liver and kidney disorders. The dose should also be monitored because it can cause dependency and potential habit-forming. It ought not to be halted suddenly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms. You should tell your doctor all the medication you are taking, as this medicine can interact with them and have undesirable side effects....
|You Save||₹35.37 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Citalopram(10.0 Mg),Clonazepam(0.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, nausea, vomiting, memory problems, confusion, depression, drowsiness, weight gain, loss of appetite, low sexual desire, decreased orgasms, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, reduced heart rate, nightmares, cold palms and soles, uncoordinated body movements, sweating, flu-like symptoms.|
|Classification||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Check more medicines with composition as Citalopram(10.0 Mg) + Clonazepam(0.25 Mg)
Uses of Depran H Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Anxiety disorder
- Major depressive disorder
- Insomnia or sleeplessness
- Concentration difficulties
- Conditions causing dry mouth, as it increases salivation.
- Tiredness or fatigue
Contraindications of Depran H Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you’ve hypersensitivity to any of the components of the Depran H tablet. If you have a history of alcohol or medicine addiction, mental health disorder, depression, etc. If you are already using other anti-anxiety or sedatives, as they can interfere, they can cause adverse reactions. If you have acute angle glaucoma, it increases the fluid pressure in the eyes. If you’re pregnant or attempting to get pregnant. If you are breastfeeding, consult your doctor first. If you are driving, it can impair your driving ability....
Side effects of Depran H Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Decreased appetites
- Cold extremities
- Memory problems
- Uncoordinated movements
- Low sexual desire
- Delayed ejaculation
- Decreased orgasms
- Influenza-like symptoms
- Menstrual disorders
- Slow heart rate
- Disclaimer - Most of these side effects do not require medical treatment, and they will disappear once you have adjusted to the dose. But, if any of these conditions persist for a long duration, consult your doctor immediately....
Precautions and Warnings of Depran H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take a Depran H tablet during pregnancy?
No, Depran H tablets are unsafe during pregnancy. Studies have shown a definite risk to the developing unborn baby. Sometimes doctors may prescribe it during life-threatening conditions if they think the benefits outweigh the risks. Do not take it before consulting your doctor.
Can I take a Depran H tablet while breastfeeding?
No, you should consult your doctor before taking the Depran H tablet. It can be unsafe during breastfeeding. There is restricted information on the impacts of this tablet on the breastfeeding baby. Studies suggested that the medicine may pass into the milk and cause undesirable effects on the baby
Can I drive if I have taken the Depran H tablet?
No, do not drive after taking the Depran H tablet. It can cause side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, and blurred vision that can affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Depran H tablet?
No, you cannot consume alcohol with a Depran H tablet. It can interfere with the function of the medicine and cause exaggerated side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any previous mild liver condition; this medicine may need some dose adjustment.
- You have kidney disorders, depran H can be safe. But consult your doctor as the side effects are increased in end-stage kidney failure.
- You have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinner, use the depran forte tablet with caution.
- You have a seizure disorder and are on anti-epileptic medicines; interaction with Depran H can occur.
- You have any heart condition or respiratory diseases, the dose should be carefully monitored.
- You are using any herbal medicines or supplements, inform your doctor regarding this.
- The effects of the medicine are exaggerated in older patients, so use it with caution.
Mode of Action of Depran H Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Depran H has escitalopram (10 mg) and clonazepam (0.5 mg). Escitalopram blocks the reuptake of serotonin and increases its levels in the brain. Serotonin is a hormone responsible for stabilising mood, causing happy feelings, etc. It can also help in sleeping, eating, and digestion. Clonazepam works by increasing the action of the chemical messenger, GABA, in the brain. It lowers the abnormal or excessive activity of nerve cells. It is also responsible for its sedation properties. However, clonazepam does not affect the levels of GABA in the brain....
Directions for Use of Depran H Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take the Depran H tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Take this tablet with or without food.
- Do not break the tablet or chew it.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects.
Interactions of Depran H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take other anti-anxiety and mood disorder medications such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc. It can cause some severe reactions.
- If you are using any anti-epileptic medicines for seizure disorders, inform your doctor as it can increase the effects of this medication.
- If you are using an anti-depression medication, do not use this medicine without informing your doctor.
- Be careful while using opiates or narcotic painkillers with this tablet.
Interactions with food items
- Do not take the Depran H tablet with alcohol. It can worsen the condition and interfere with the effects of the medicine and increase the severity of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, mood disorders, etc....
Storage and disposal of Depran H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store Depran H tablets in dry conditions. Keep it away from wet surfaces, direct sunlight, and humid conditions. Dispose the packaging carefully after using it. Throw it away if the package has been opened. Check the expiration date before taking the tablet. Do not use this tablet if it's past the expiration date. Keep this away from children and pets....
Dosage of Depran H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Depran H tablet overdose can cause dizziness, tremors, agitation, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, increased heart rate, sodium and potassium electrolyte imbalance, sleep disturbances, confusion, diminished reflexes, convulsion and coma. If you overdose on this medicine and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of the Depran H tablet, take it as soon as possible. If you remember missing a dose when it's already time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose and take the next one. Talk to your doctor if you have any confusion about it. Do not take both doses together as it can cause an overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Depran H tablets cause erectile dysfunction?
A: Yes, Depran H tablets can have undesirable side effects and lower sexual desire(libido) in men and women. It can also cause erectile dysfunction in men. Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing any changes in your sexual desires.
Q: Can I use the Depran H tablet for a long time?
A: Depran H tablet is a prescription medicine whose dose and duration should be carefully monitored. It has many adverse effects if used long-term, like suicidal thoughts. If you are experiencing such thoughts and feelings, immediately consult a healthcare professional and seek help.
Q: Does Depran H tablet cause hair loss?
A: Yes, loss of hair is one of the side effects of the Depran H tablet. If you are experiencing severe hair loss, then consult your doctor.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.