Cyprosin Syrup 100ml
By JUPITER PHARMACEUTICALS
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cyprosin 2 MG Description
Cyprosin Syrup contains cyproheptadine that belongs to a class of antihistamine (anti-allergy) medicines. It is used to treat different types of allergic reactions. Inform the doctor if you are pregn
ant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and regarding the medicines and supplements you take and the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the medicine.
|You Save||₹10.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, diarrhoea, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Cyproheptadine(2.0 Mg)
2 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cyprosin Syrup 100ml
- App Up Syrup 200mlBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd200ml Syrup in BottleMRP 93.00₹ 37.2069.35% CHEAPER₹ 0.19/Millilitre
- Add App Syrup 200mlBy Zydus Healthcare Limited200ml Syrup in BottleMRP 111.80₹ 95.0322.58% CHEAPER₹ 0.48/Millilitre
Uses of Cyprosin 2 MG
Cyprosin Syrup is used to treat allergic reactions.
Contraindications of Cyprosin 2 MG
- If you are allergic to cyproheptadine or other ingredients of Cyprosin Syrup.
- If you have stomach ulcers or a condition where the stomach emptying is blocked.
- If you are unable to urinate (occurs in the male patient due to growth of the prostate gland).
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (high pressure in the eye).
- If you are taking medicines like selegiline and phenelzine.
- If you have other allergies.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Cyprosin 2 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Cyprosin 2 MG
Can I take Cyprosin Syrup during pregnancy?
You must consult the doctor before using the Cyprosin Syrup as there is little information about its safety during pregnancy. The doctor prescribes you the medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Cyprosin Syrup while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if cyproheptadine passes into human milk, avoid it while breastfeeding. Consult the doctor before using the medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cyprosin Syrup?
The medicine may make you dizzy and feel sleepy, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Cyprosin Syrup?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cyprosin Syrup, as it may increase the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart diseases or high blood pressure.
- You have bronchial asthma and thyroid.
- You have increased pressure inside the eye.
- You have problems with the kidney, stomach or intestines.
- You suffer difficulty in urinating due to an expanded prostate gland (occurs in men).
- You are above 60 years, as elderly patients may be more prone to side effects like dizziness, giddiness and trouble breathing.
- Cyprosin Syrup, when given to children, may cause excitation. You must be careful while giving the medicine to young children.
Mode of Action of Cyprosin 2 MG
How Does It Work?
The body produces natural substances named histamine and serotonin during an allergic reaction. Cyproheptadine blocks the release of histamine and serotonin, thus aiding in provide relief from allergic conditions....
Directions for Use of Cyprosin 2 MG
- Take Cyprosin Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use. Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Cyprosin 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cyprosin Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder. Avoid using the medicine with other anti-allergic medications applied to the skin as they may cause an increase in the side effects....
- You must let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using meclizine while going for a lab test, as the medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Cyprosin 2 MG
- Store below 25°C at a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cyprosin 2 MG
- An overdose of the medicine may cause sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, restlessness, excitation, nervousness, shaking, fits, hallucinations, dry mouth, fixed or widened pupils, redness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation....
- In addition to the above symptoms, an overdose of the medicine may cause trouble in breathing, heart failure in newborn or young babies.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking a dose of Cyprosin Syrup, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule.
- Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Cyprosin Syrup addictive?
A: No, Cyprosin Syrup is not addictive. It is used as per dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I take Cyprosin Syrup for weight gain?
A: No, Cyprosin Syrup is not to be used for weight gain. This Syrup is used to treat allergic conditions such as a runny or stuffed nose, watery eye, skin rash, etc.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed