Coxito S 10mg Tab
By KIVI LABS LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Coxito S Tablet is commonly used for managing the symptoms of major depressive and panic disorders. Managing panic in patients with or without agoraphobia (fear of open spaces or crowded places) is one of the uses of Coxito S tablets. It is a prescription medication as it has Escitalopram as an active ingredient. It is an antidepressant medicine. The mode of action of Coxito S tablet elevates the mood, increasing energy, reducing nervousness, etc. It produces a calming effect and sedation. The dosage of Coxito S should be carefully monitored, especially in older adults and persons with liver and kidney conditions. It is essential to inform the doctor of the patient’s medical history and any medications. Coxito S tablets can interact with other medicines to cause adverse reactions. Even though it does not result in physical dependency, this medicine can cause psychological dependency if used for a long time....
|You Save||₹15.99 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety, Major depressive disorder, Panic disorder.|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Weight gain, Loss of appetite, Change in sexual desire, Sexual dysfunction.|
Check more medicines with composition as Citalopram(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Coxito S 10 MG
- As per CDSCO, Coxito S tablet is used for:
- Treatment of symptoms of major depressive disorder (persistent feeling of sadness, loneliness, and loss of interest in life)
- Treatment of panic disorders (a type of anxiety disorder), with or without agoraphobia (fear of open and crowded places)
Contraindications of Coxito S 10 MG
- If you have any allergic reaction to any of the components of this medicine.
- If you have a known history of alcohol or addiction or a mental health disorder.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are currently on antiepileptic (anti-seizure) medication.
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- If you are nursing; this medicine may cause side effects on the baby.
- If you use other anti-anxiety medicines or sedatives, they can interfere with Coxito S and cause adverse reactions.
- If you are diagnosed with acute-angle glaucoma (an eye condition that causes high fluid pressure inside the eye).
- If you have a severe liver disease.
Side effects of Coxito S 10 MG
- Changes in sexual drive
Precautions and Warnings of Coxito S 10 MG
Can I take Coxito S tablets during pregnancy?
No. Coxito S tablets are not safe to use during pregnancy. A few studies have shown a definite risk to the foetus, especially if the medicine is used in the third trimester. It may be prescribed in an emergency condition but do not take Coxito S without consulting a doctor.
Can I take Coxito S while breastfeeding?
No. Consult a doctor before taking Coxito S if you are a nursing mother. There is minimal data on the effects of Coxito S on breastfed babies. A few studies suggest that the medicine may pass into breast milk and have unwanted effects on the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken a Coxito S tablet?
No. Coxito S tablets can cause adverse effects like drowsiness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision affecting your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Coxito S tablets?
No. Avoid consuming alcohol with Coxito S tablets. Alcohol can interfere with the effectiveness of this medicine and cause unwanted side effects like drowsiness, vomiting, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You notice sudden mood changes or have suicidal thoughts after taking Coxito S tablets.
- You experience changes in your sexual desires after taking Coxito S tablets.
- You use any Ayurvedic and herbal medicines (St John’s Wort) or take vitamins and supplements; these can interact with Coxito S tablets and cause serious side effects.
- You use pain relievers or other medications that cause sedation or tranquillisation.
- You are an older adult over 65. The effects of this medicine may exaggerate in older persons and must be used with caution.
- You have been diagnosed with a seizure disorder and are on antiepileptic medicines.
- You are planning to have surgery or a dental procedure.
- You recently had a heart attack or stroke.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have been diagnosed with respiratory or lung disease.
- You have kidney disorders. While Coxito S can be safe, consult a doctor as one of the side effects of this medicine is an increase in end-stage kidney failure.
- You have or had a liver condition; this medicine may need some dose adjustment.
- You are a child or adolescent under 18.
Mode of Action of Coxito S 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Coxito S contains Escitalopram as its main ingredient. It is an antidepressant. This ingredient increases serotonin levels in the brain by blocking its reuptake (reabsorption) by nerve cells. Serotonin is a hormone responsible for stabilising the mood and producing happy thoughts. It can also help other functions like sleeping, eating, and digestion. Increased serotonin levels result in excess nerve cell activity in the brain, which can help manage symptoms of depression and regulate mood and anxiety....
Directions for Use of Coxito S 10 MG
- Take Coxito S precisely in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose of Coxito S even when you cannot notice its effects.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break or chew it.
- Do not take the tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use the tablets if their packaging is damaged.
- Do not stop using Coxito S medicine abruptly.
- Take the tablet with or without food. In case of any stomach issues, take it after a meal.
Interactions of Coxito S 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain anti-anxiety and mood disorder medicines like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) (linezolid, moclobemide, etc.) combined with Coxito S can cause severe reactions. They inhibit serotonin metabolism and can result in serotonin levels high enough to produce heart and neurotoxic serotonin syndrome....
- Combining other antidepressant medicines like fluoxetine, paroxetine etc., with Coxito S can raise serotonin levels and lead to serotonin toxicity with life-threatening side effects.
- If you have bleeding issues or take blood thinners, use Coxito S with caution, as this medicine may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Do not take other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as allergy, cold and cough medicine, opiates, or narcotic pain relievers with Coxito S. These medicines can increase the side effects of Coxito S and cause extreme drowsiness....
- Antiepileptic medicines for seizure disorders can increase the side effects of Coxito S.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit and its juice, as this fruit can worsen the side effects of Coxito S.
- Avoid coffee and caffeine products and chocolates and desserts; these foods can increase serotonin levels and cause serotonin toxicity. High levels of serotonin can cause severe side effects in the body....
Storage and disposal of Coxito S 10 MG
Store Coxito S tablets in a dry place at room temperature, away from heat and humidity. Keep these tablets away from the reach of children and pets. Carefully dispose of this medication packaging after use or if it has passed its expiration date as biomedical waste. Throw away the tablets if the packaging has already been opened or is damaged....
Dosage of Coxito S 10 MG
Coxito S overdose can cause dizziness, shakiness, sudden muscle movements, agitation, convulsion, nausea, vomiting, sodium or potassium electrolyte imbalance, sleep disturbances, confusion, hypotension, increased heart rate, diminished reflexes, and loss of consciousness. Get emergency medical treatment in the case of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a single dose of Coxito S tablet, try to take it as soon as you remember. If you recall the missed dose when it is almost time for the next one, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take both of them together as it can lead to adverse reactions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Coxito S tablets for the long term if I do not see an improvement in my condition?
A: No. Coxito S is a prescription medicine, and its dose and duration should be monitored by the doctor. This medicine can cause side effects like having suicidal thoughts if taken for long. If you do not notice its effects, consult your doctor.
Q: Can daily use of Coxito S cause sexual dysfunction?
A: Coxito S can reduce sexual functioning and sexual desire (libido) in men and women. In some men, this medicine can also cause erectile dysfunction. Inform your doctor if you notice any changes in your sexual desire or experience sexual dysfunction.
Q: Will I put on weight if I use Coxito S every day?
A: Coxito S tablets can cause changes in appetite. This medicine can result in weight gain in some people as it increases serotonin levels that affect weight. Eat healthy and exercise to prevent weight changes.
- Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. https://medlineplus.gov. US National Library of Medicine [cited 2022 Mar 6] - Available from
- Landy K. Escitalopram: StatPearls [Internet]. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. US National Library of Medicine. 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 6] - Available from
- Escitalopram: Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. US National Library of Medicine. 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 6] - Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in.[cited 2022 Mar 6] - Available from:
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.