Coven Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ABDIEL (INDIA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Coven Tablet is used in treatment of cough with mucus (phlegm). It helps to release the mucus from the windpipe, nose or lungs and improves the symptoms like chest tightness, breathing difficulty, wheezing and coughing. Coven Tablet contains guaifenesin (guaiphenesin), terbutaline and bromhexine. Guaifenesin is an expectorant group of medicine, terbutaline is a bronchodilator, and bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine. Do not take Coven Tablet if you are allergic to it, have an ulcer in the stomach or intestine, are taking other cough suppressing medicines, are pregnant or breastfeeding. Coven Tablet is not recommended for use in children below 12 years of age. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
|You Save||₹3.24 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Cough especially associated with mucus|
|Side effects||Shaking, headache, nausea|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Bromhexine + Guaiphenesin + Terbutaline
Uses of Coven Strip Of 10 Tablets
Coven Tablet is used in treatment of cough especially associated with mucus (phlegm). It helps to release the mucus from the windpipe, nose or lungs and improves the symptoms like chest tightness, breathing difficulty, wheezing and coughing....
Contraindications of Coven Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Coven Tablet.
- If you have ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- If you use other cough medicines which inhibits the cough reflex (like codeine), especially before going to sleep. Taking this medicine with other cough suppressing medicine inhibits the coughing out sputum....
Side effects of Coven Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Fast heart beats
- Ponding heartbeats (palpitation)
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling tense
- Irregular heartbeats
- Irritation in mouth and throat
- Change sleeping patterns
- Low blood potassium levels (produces symptoms like weakness, thirst, pins and needle sensation)
Precautions and Warnings of Coven Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Coven Tablet during pregnancy?
Coven Tablet may pass in to the blood of developing baby and may produce side effects, so take the doctor's advise before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Coven Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Coven Tablet may pass in to the breast milk and adversely affect your baby so do not take this medicine without doctors advise if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Coven Tablet?
Coven Tablet may affect your ability to drive or use heavy machines so do not get involved in any activities which require alertness.
Can I consume alcohol with Coven Tablet?
Do not take Coven Tablet with alcohol, as increases the chances of drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are having a feeling of weakness.
- You are having asthma or mechanical narrowing of the lumen of the windpipe.
- You are having stomach or duodenal ulcers this medicine may irritate the lining.
- You are having any liver or kidney problems.
- You are having epilepsy or fits.
- You are having any symptoms related to hypersensitivity reactions.
- You are having pregnancy or any problem related to pregnancy.
- You are having diabetes mellites. Your doctor may advise few tests before starting the treatment.
- You are having any heart problems like irregular heartbeats or angina (chest pain due to decreased blood supply to the heart).
- You are having an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have any sugar intolerance.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- Do not use Coven Tablet for children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Coven Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Coven Tablet works by the combined action of all its components: guaifenesin, terbutaline and bromhexine
- Guaifenesin being an expectorant group of medicine decreases the stickiness of mucus to the windpipe and lungs.
- Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine, which decreases the consistency of mucus and makes it thin and loosens it. So, it becomes easier for patients to cough it out.
- Terbutaline being a bronchodilator medicine, relaxes the muscles of the windpipe so breathing becomes easy.
Directions for Use of Coven Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Coven Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Even after improvement of symptoms, continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures.
Interactions of Coven Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including:
- Steroid medicines like Prednisolone
- Xanthine medicines like Theophylline or Aminophylline (used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Beta-blocker medicines like Atenolol or Propranolol used for high blood pressure, and eye drops like Timolol for glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- Water tablets, also known as diuretics (like Frusemide)
- If you are to undergo any surgery with general anaesthetics, you must inform your doctor about all medications you are taking
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin or Cefalexin
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic medicines like Salicylates, Phenylbuthazone and Oxyphenylbuthazone (it may increase the chances of stomach irritation and ulcers)
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking, including medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Coven Tablet or increase the chances of side effects....
Storage and disposal of Coven Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Coven Tablet below 25°C in the original package.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Coven Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of Coven Tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Overdose of this medicine may increase the chances of side effects.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose of Coven Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without the doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Coven Tablet?
A: Coven Tablet is used in treatment of cough especially associated with mucus (phlegm). It helps in releasing the mucus from the windpipe, nose or lungs and improves the symptoms like chest tightness, breathing difficulty, wheezing and coughing.
Q: How does Coven Tablet work?
A: Coven Tablet contains medicine known as Guaifenesin, Terbutaline and Bromhexine. Guaifenesin is an expectorant group of medicine. Terbutaline is a bronchodilator while Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine. Guaifenesin being an expectorant group of medicine, decreases the stickiness of mucus to the windpipe and lungs. Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine, which decreases the consistency of mucus and makes it thin and loosens it. So, it becomes easier for patients to cough it out. Terbutaline being a bronchodilator medicine, relaxes the muscles of the windpipe so breathing becomes easy.
Q: Can I use Coven Tablet if I am suffering from heart problem?
A: Coven Tablet produces side effects like abnormal heart rhythm, pounding heartbeats, symptoms of angina (decreased blood supply to the heart). Thus it is advisable to inform your doctor beforehand if you are having any heart problem or taking medicines for them.
Q: Can I stop Coven Tablet once my symptoms get improved?
A: Do not stop taking Coven Tablet without the doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms.
- Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Bricanyl Tablets 5mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.