Concor Am 5/2.5 Mg Tablet 30
By MERCK LIMITED
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Concor Am Tablet is used in treatment of high blood pressure. It is a combination medicine containing bisoprolol and amlodipine. Tiredness, dizziness and headache are the most common side effects of i
t. It should not be stopped without a doctor's advice. Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should not use this medicine. Tell your doctor beforehand about any other medicines you are taking....
Uses of Concor Am 5/2.5 Mg Tablet 30
It is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Concor Am 5/2.5 Mg Tablet 30
- If you are allergic to bisoprolol and amlodipine or any other ingredients of Concor Am Tablet.
- If you experience Shock related to the heart (a condition where the body is not getting enough blood).
- If you have any heart-pumping outflow obstruction.
- If you have a history of unstable heart failure (pumping problem of the heart may occur after heart attack).
- If you have a history of Atrioventricular block (AV block) (type of heart block that occurs when the electrical signal travelling from the upper chambers of the heart to the lower chambers of the heart, is impaired)....Read more
- If you have decreased heart rate or if you have asthma.
- If you are experiencing severe blood circulation problems in your limbs (such as Raynaud’s syndrome), which may cause your fingers and toes to tingle or turn pale or blue.
- If you have a tumour of the adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma).
- If you have metabolic acidosis (Metabolic acidosis is a serious electrolyte disorder characterized by an imbalance in the body's acid-base balance).
Side effects of Concor Am 5/2.5 Mg Tablet 30
- Blurring of vision
- Increased heartbeats
- Hot flushes
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling around the ankles
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Concor Am 5/2.5 Mg Tablet 30
Can I take Concor Am Tablet during pregnancy?
As the component of this medicine passes into the blood of the baby and adversely affects your baby. It may cause harmful effects, growth retardation, intrauterine death, spontaneous abortion and early labour. So It is advisable to not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. If you become pregnant stop using this medicine and consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Concor Am Tablet while breastfeeding?
Limited information is available on the use of Concor Am Tablet in breastfeeding mothers. Use while breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Concor Am Tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness, headaches, and tiredness. Any of these side effects would reduce your ability to react. So, do not drive or use machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Concor Am Tablet?
Chances of dizziness increases if you take this medicine with alcohol. Even alcohol adds on the side effects related to the liver with concomitant use of this medicine. So avoid using this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver disease.
- You have experienced a recent heart attack.
- You have the tendency of heart failure (pumping problem).
- You have diabetes, you are an elderly patient or have any thyroid disorder.
- You suffer from a severe increase in blood pressure (hypertensive crisis).
- You follow strict fasting (fasting from solid food).
- You have certain heart diseases such as disturbance in heart rhythm or severe chest pain at rest (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- Blood circulation problem in your limbs.
- You have asthma or chronic lung disease.
- You have a history of a scaly skin rash (psoriasis).
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland (medulla) (pheochromocytoma).
- Also, tell your doctor if you are going to have Desensitization therapy or any surgery.
Mode of Action of Concor Am 5/2.5 Mg Tablet 30
How Does It Work?
Amlodipine blocks the calcium channels present in the blood vessels relax the blood vessels and decreases the blood pressure. Bisoprolol decreases the rate of pumping of the heart and decreases blood
Directions for Use of Concor Am 5/2.5 Mg Tablet 30
- Take Concor Am Tablet as a whole with sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once a day, then always take this medicine at the same time like in the early morning before breakfast.
Interactions of Concor Am 5/2.5 Mg Tablet 30
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Concor Am Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for fungal infection, HIV infection, medicines for heart disease, antibiotic medicines, painkillers and medicines for asthma.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit juice and grapefruit should not be consumed by people who are taking Concor Am Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Concor Am 5/2.5 Mg Tablet 30
- Concor Am Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Concor Am 5/2.5 Mg Tablet 30
Overdose may increase the side effects of this medicine. Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting or feeling weak. If a blood pressure drop is severe enough shock can occu
r. Your skin could feel cool and clammy and you could lose consciousness. Slow heartbeat, severe breathing difficulties can occur. Seek immediate medical attention if you take too many tablets....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For which condition Concor Am Tablet is used?
A: Concor Am Tablet contains two active components Bisoprolol and Amlodipine. This combination of medicine is used for treating high blood pressure, especially if it is not controlled by single medicine.
Q: When to stop taking this medicine?
A: Do not stop this medicine abruptly or without a doctor's advice. Sudden stoppage of this medicine may increase the chances of returning of symptoms or it may flare-up.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 24 Apr 2021 | 12:57 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved