Clozep 0.5mg Tablet
Clozep 0.5 MG Description
Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet is a prescription medication. It is primarily used in the treatment of anxiety, panic disorders, and seizure disorders (epilepsy). The pharmacological component of Clozep Tablet
is clonazepam. Seizures occur due to abnormal, uncontrolled electrical activity in the brain. It can have many different symptoms like abnormal movements, loss of consciousness, uprolling of eyes, loss of control of urination and defecation, etc. Anxiety is a condition characterised by increased worry and fear about routine situations. It can trigger bodily responses like increased heart rate, sweating, restlessness, trembling, increased rate of breathing, etc. Panic disorder is also an anxiety disorder with a feeling of loss of control and fear. It is important to note that clonazepam, the active ingredient of Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet, can be habit-forming and has the potential to be misused. Careful monitoring while on this medication is required and necessary. Clozep Tablet should be taken as recommended by the doctor. It should not be abruptly started or stopped, as it may cause withdrawal effects. For maximum efficacy, it is advised to take the tablet at the same time every day.
|You Save||₹1.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of anxiety disorders, seizure disorders|
|Side effects||lethargy, fatigue, drowsiness, impaired coordination & balance, dizziness, excessive sleepiness, blurred vision, confusion, irritability, loss of libido|
Uses of Clozep 0.5 MG
- Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of anxiety disorders
- Treatment of seizure disorders
Contraindications of Clozep 0.5 MG
- If you have a known clonazepam or benzodiazepine hypersensitivity or known allergies to any components in Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet.
- If you have significant liver dysfunction.
- If you have acute narrow-angle glaucoma
- If you have respiratory insufficiency.
- If you have congenital blood dyscrasias known as porphyrias.
- It should be used with caution,
- If you have a history of depression, suicidal ideation
- If you have a history of substance use and dependence
Side effects of Clozep 0.5 MG
- Impaired coordination & balance
- Blurred vision
- Reduced sex drive
Precautions and Warnings of Clozep 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are taking any other prescription medicines. This tablet interacts with many other medications that use the same metabolic enzymes.
- You experience a change in mood or suicidal ideation after taking Clozep Tablet.
- You conceive during the course of Clozep Tablet or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Clozep 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clozep 0.5 MG
- Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet should be taken as prescribed by the treating physician.
- It is recommended to take Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet at the same time every day for optimal pharmacological effects.
- Swallow Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet as a whole. Do not crush, chew, or break it.
- It is recommended to complete the entire course of Clozep Tablet as prescribed by your treating doctor.
- Abrupt stoppage of Clozep can cause withdrawal side effects. Consult your doctor before stopping this medication.
- Driving and the use of heavy machinery are not advised while using this medication.
- Do not mix alcohol with this medication, as it can be life-threatening.
- This medication has habit-forming tendencies, hence it is recommended to follow the directions of your treating physician precisely and have a regular follow-up.
Interactions of Clozep 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The concomitant use of Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet with opioids (like morphine, tramadol etc.) is contraindicated, as it may cause respiratory depression, coma and death.
- Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet should not be used with other CNS depressants like alcohol can also cause similar effects and present life-threatening adverse effects.
- Inform your doctor about all medicines and supplements you are currently taking at the time of prescription of Clozep to avoid side effects associated with drug interaction.
Interactions with food items
- Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet does not have any known interaction with food items. Unless advised otherwise by the doctor, a regular diet can be continued. Clozep 0.5 Mg Tablet can be taken with or without food....
Storage and disposal of Clozep 0.5 MG
Dosage of Clozep 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I was prescribed Clozep Tablet, but I have not had any seizures for six months now. Do I need to continue taking it?
Q: I have been feeling very drowsy ever since I started taking Clozep Tablet. Can I stop it?
Q: I had been taking Clozep for the last few months. Last week my doctor advised me to stop the medication as it was no longer needed. After stopping the medication, I am unable to sleep properly. Can I start taking it again?
- Klonopin, a benzodiazepine, is available as scored tablets with a K-shaped perforation containing 0.5 mg of clonazepam and unscored tablets with a K-shaped perforation containing 1 mg or 2 mg of clonazepam. Each tablet also contains lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and corn starch, with the following colorants: 0.5 mg-FD&C Yellow No. 6 Lake; 1 mg-FD&C Blue No. 1 Lake and FD&C Blue No. 2 Lake [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 24]. Available from:
- Basit H, Kahwaji CI. Clonazepam. [Updated 2021 Dec 29]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from