Clovate Sl Cream 20gm
By DERMOCARE LABORATORIES
20g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clovate Sl Cream 20gm Description
Clovate Sl Cream is a combination of clobetasol and salicylic acid as active ingredient. Clobetasol is a steroid and salicylic acid is an antiseptic. It can soften the hard layer of skin. Clovate Sl
is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as eczema, red sores around the nose and mouth (Impetigo), skin damage (Lesions) and red scaly patches (Psoriasis). This Cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹9.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clobetasol Propionate(0.05 %W/W) + Salicylic Acid(3.0 %W/W)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching at the application site|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PSORIASIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Clobetasol Propionate(0.05 %W/W) + Salicylic Acid(3.0 %W/W)
Uses of Clovate Sl Cream 20gm
Skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, impetigo and dermatitis.
Contraindications of Clovate Sl Cream 20gm
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, salicylic acid or any other ingredient of Clovate Sl Cream.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- It should not be used for treating infection in your private parts, face, acne, around mouth and skin perforations.
- If you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- Clovate Sl Cream is not meant for children less than 12 years of age.
Side effects of Clovate Sl Cream 20gm
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Clovate Sl Cream 20gm
Can I apply Clovate Sl Cream during pregnancy?
Clovate Sl Cream contains topical steroids. Therefore, it should be used only under a doctor's supervision. In case you have been prescribed this Cream, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Clovate Sl Cream while breastfeeding?
Clovate Sl Cream can be used by a breastfeeding woman if prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of a breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have applied Clovate Sl Cream?
It does not influence your driving ability since it is applied externally on the skin.
Can I consume alcohol with Clovate Sl Cream?
No information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. Alcohol delays healing and make your skin dry. Thus, caution is advised.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any other topical medicine or steroid.
- You experience sudden weight gain, purple stretch marks on arms, breast or stomach, thinning of the skin (Cushing's syndrome).
- You should not use this Cream on open wounds or on a large surface area.
- You are experiencing irritation, dryness, sensitivity on the skin after applying this Cream, discontinue and consult your doctor.
- You should not apply this medicine near the eyes, eyelids, nose or mucous membranes.
- You should not smoke or go near smoke or heat after applying this Cream.
Mode of Action of Clovate Sl Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
- Clobetasol is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of a chemical substance that is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Salicylic acid improves the condition of swelling and redness in the skin and helps in shedding the hard skin or dead skin. It also improves the penetration of clobetasol into the skin.
Directions for Use of Clovate Sl Cream 20gm
- Use Clovate Sl Cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only, apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Clovate Sl Cream, unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
Interactions of Clovate Sl Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Clovate Sl Cream is for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection. Do not apply any other topical medicine in the area where Clovate Sl Cream is applied.
Storage and disposal of Clovate Sl Cream 20gm
- Store Clovate Sl Cream below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the expired medicine or medicine that is no longer required.
Dosage of Clovate Sl Cream 20gm
Clovate Sl Cream is for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of this Cream, wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this Cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Clovate Sl Cream?
A: It is used for the treatment of skin conditions such as eczema, impetigo, dermatoses and psoriasis.
Q: Can I go out on a sunny day after applying Clovate Sl Cream?
A: No, sun exposure to conditions like eczema and skin conditions such as dermatoses can worsen the condition. Therefore, avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- ClobaDerm 500micrograms/g Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Salicylic Acid Ointment BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Medisalic Ointment [Internet]. Torque Pharma. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed