Ciprolar Syrup 50ml
Ciprolar 125 MG Description
Ciprolar Suspension is an antibiotic and is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, ear, throat, lungs, urinary tract, bone and joint, skin and soft tissues. It contains ciproflo
xacin as its active ingredient. Ciprolar Suspension works by inhibiting the growth and reproduction in bacteria which ultimately kills the bacteria. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor without fail and without missing any dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as this may lead to antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Ciprolar 125 MG
Contraindications of Ciprolar 125 MG
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any ingredient of Ciprolar Suspension
- If you are taking other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid
- If you are taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasms).
Side effects of Ciprolar 125 MG
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ciprolar 125 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any medical condition or family history of medical condition of liver, kidney, brain, heart or diabetes.
- You have a condition called myasthenia gravis that causes muscle weakness or tendon related disorder.
- You experience any mental health problems or diarrhoea while on treatment with this medicine, immediately contact your doctor.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
- You have problems with your eyesight.
- You experience any sudden severe allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, sudden pain in your stomach, back or chest stop taking this medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to sunlight or UV light.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test.
Mode of Action of Ciprolar 125 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ciprolar 125 MG
- Take Ciprolar Suspension as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions carefully on the label before using the medicine.
- Shake well before use.
Interactions of Ciprolar 125 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ciprolar Suspension works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners or other medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, gout, acidity, muscle spasms, fits, Parkinson's disease.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain calcium, iron, aluminium, magnesium, sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate, antacids or sucralfate. Ciprolar Suspension should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
- Other medicines like cyclosporin, metoclopramide, methotrexate, theophylline, sildenafil, zolpidem should be used with caution along with Ciprolar Suspension.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ciprolar 125 MG
- Store Ciprolar Suspension below 30°C, protect if from direct sunlight, heat and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ciprolar 125 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Ciprolar Suspension?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Ciprolar Suspension?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
- Ciprolar Suspension may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Are there any side effects with Ciprolar Suspension?
- Ciproxin 250 mg/5 mL granules and solvent for oral suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Ciproxin 250 mg/5 mL granules and solvent for oral suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- DailyMed - CIPROFLOXACIN [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021[cited 26 November 2021]