Cimetidine Chc Tab
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cimetidine Chc Tab contains Cimetidine. It is a medicine that reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Uses of Cimetidine Chc Tab
- Stomach and intestinal ulcers
- Ulcers caused by the use of medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) condition of acid regurgitation
Contraindications of Cimetidine Chc Tab
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
Side effects of Cimetidine Chc Tab
- Skin rashes
- Muscle pain
- Rapid heartbeat
- Reversible impotence
- Breast enlargement in men
Precautions and Warnings of Cimetidine Chc Tab
Can I take Cimetidine Chc Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine can be used by pregnant women only when prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Cimetidine Chc Tab while breastfeeding?
Avoid the use of this medicine if you are breastfeeding as there is no information is available on the use of cimetidine during breastfeeding. Consult with your doctor before breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cimetidine Chc Tab?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Cimetidine Chc Tab?
Alcohol increases acidity and heartburn. It is recommended to avoid excessive alcohol consumption with cimetidine as it can worsen your underlying disease.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have kidney problems as dose adjustments may be needed
- If you are taking painkillers and are suffering from peptic ulcer
- If you are an adult or elderly person suffering from dyspeptic (indigestion)
Mode of Action of Cimetidine Chc Tab
How Does It Work?
The stomach produces acid to digest food. When this acid is produced in excess, it can lead to acidity, heartburn and ulcers. Cimetidine Chc Tab works by blocking the secretion of gastric acid and thereby reduces the amount of acid present in the stomach. This helps in the relief of acid concerned indigestion and heartburn.
Directions for Use of Cimetidine Chc Tab
- Take Cimetidine Chc Tab as your doctor has advised you
- Take it with meals
Interactions of Cimetidine Chc Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are taking blood thinners like Warfarin and medicine to treat fits, close monitoring is needed
- Caution is needed if you are taking Phenytoin, Diazepam, Theophylline, Ciclosporin, Ketoconazole, Diltiazem, Propranolol, Fluorouracil, Epirubicin or Amitriptyline
Interactions with food items
This medicine should be taken after food.
Storage and disposal of Cimetidine Chc Tab
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Cimetidine Chc Tab
There are no know symptoms of overdose, however you may experience vomiting if you have taken too much dose of this medicine. Seek for medical help or call doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
A: There is a valve-like structure called the sphincter between the food pipe and stomach. This valve prevents the acid and the food in your stomach from coming back into the food pipe. When this valve is weak or damaged, acid starts entering the stomach, causing heartburn, difficulty in swallowing and food regurgitation.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved