Cetanil 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets (Dabur)
By FRESENIUS KABI INDIA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetanil Tablet is used to provide temporary relief from fever, pain and aches. It contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen which is an analgesics (painkillers) or antipyretic (medicines used to reduce fever). Paracetamol stops the release of a natural chemical substance, prostaglandins responsible for pain and fever. You should not take more than 4-Tablets of the Cetanil Tablet in 24 hours. Take Cetanil with food to avoid stomach upset....
|You Save||₹0.60 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Fever and pain|
|Side effects||Skin rash, itching, blisters|
Check more medicines with composition as Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cetanil 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets (Dabur)
Uses of Cetanil 500 MG
Cetanil Tablet is used to treat fever, pain and ache.
Contraindications of Cetanil 500 MG
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any other ingredients of Cetanil Tablet.
- If you are taking any other products that contain paracetamol.
Side effects of Cetanil 500 MG
Chances of getting side effects with Cetanil Tablet are rare if taken within the recommended doses. However, in rare cases, you may experience a skin rash, itching and blisters, allergic reaction and blood-related problems....
Precautions and Warnings of Cetanil 500 MG
Can I take the Cetanil Tablet during pregnancy?
Cetanil Tablet can be used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends it. Yet, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take the Cetanil Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Cetanil Tablet pass into the breastmilk in very small amounts and has negligible effects on the breastfed baby. Thus, you can take it while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Cetanil Tablet?
Cetanil Tablet is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Cetanil Tablet?
Moderate consumption of alcohol when you are taking a Cetanil Tablet is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease or problems.
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol. Taking too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- You consume alcohol too often or are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- Cetanil Tablet is not meant to be used in children below 12 years of age.
- You should maintain a gap of 4-6 hours between each dose of Cetanil and should not exceed it to more than 4-Tablets a day.
Mode of Action of Cetanil 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Cetanil Tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical substance called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the fever, swelling and sensation of pain. It also acts on the area of the brain, responsible for controlling body temperature....
Directions for Use of Cetanil 500 MG
Take Cetanil Tablet as a whole with a glass of water or use it as directed by your physician.
Interactions of Cetanil 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone should be avoided with Cetanil Tablet.
- Frequent use of Cetanil Tablet by a person on blood thinners like warfarin can increase the anticoagulant effect of warfarin and can lead to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours as it can interfere with the painkiller action of Cetanil Tablet.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like chloramphenicol should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Cetanil 500 MG
- Cetanil Tablet should be stored at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cetanil 500 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache. If you happen to take too much of this medicine, reach out to your doctor at the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose then take it as soon as you remember. Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and the next dose. If it is almost time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My child has a fever, can I give Cetanil mg Tablet to my child who is 5 years old?
A: No, Cetanil Tablet is not meant for use in children below 12 years of age.
Q: My child, who is 3 years old happened to consume 5 Tablets of paracetamol, what should I do?
A: Immediately take your child to the hospital. It may take some time before symptoms of the overdose appear. The physician will evaluate with help of laboratory reports and examination to check if the baby's liver is doing fine.
Q: Can I take Cetanil for cold and fever?
A: You can take a Cetanil Tablet for controlling fever. This medicine might not have any action in reducing cold as cold usually happens due to a viral infection or an allergic condition and affects the nose and throat.
Q: Can I take Cetanil Tablet for migraines?
A: No, Cetanil Tablet is not much effective in migraine headaches. So it is advised to consult a doctor before taking Cetanil Tablet.
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- LactMed - Paracetamol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Paracetamol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Acetaminophen: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.