Cefatal 1gm Inj
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefatal 1gm Inj contains Cefotaxime. It is an antibiotic medicine.
Uses of Cefatal 1gm Inj
- For the treatment of patients with serious bacterial infections
Contraindications of Cefatal 1gm Inj
- If you are allergic to Cefotaxime, penicillin, medicine from the same class like Cefixime and any ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of allergy to local anaesthetics like Lidocaine which can be used for local anaesthesia while giving this medicine
Side effects of Cefatal 1gm Inj
- Pain and swelling at the injection site
- Rashes, itching, fever or redness
- Fits, diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Cefatal 1gm Inj
Can I take Cefatal 1gm Inj during pregnancy?
This medicine crosses the placenta and its safety in pregnancy is not established. Thus, it should not be used during pregnancy unless it is clearly considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Cefatal 1gm Inj while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk in small amounts and may affect the breastfed baby. Close monitoring of breastfed infant for the symptoms of diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth is advised if your doctor prescribes you this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefatal 1gm Inj?
This medicine may affect your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience dizziness and drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefatal 1gm Inj?
This medicine does not interact with alcohol. However, alcohol and antibiotics have similar side effects like stomach upset, dizziness, etc. Thus, concurrent use should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are expected to take antibiotic therapy for too long as it may increase the chances of getting other infections
- If you are allergic to this medicine or penicillin, then inform your doctor as you should not take this medicine as it can cause serious allergies
- If you experience skin redness, anaemia and other abnormalities in blood count
- If you have watery diarrhoea characterised by black tarry stools and fever
- If you have a liver, kidney or heart problem
- If you have developed diarrhoea and is persistent, this could be a serious side effect, seek medical help
- If you are on a low salt diet or you have diabetes, you may get false urine glucose test reports
- If you are taking medicines like Streptomycin or Amikacin along with this medicine, a regular kidney function test is recommended
Mode of Action of Cefatal 1gm Inj
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the formation and growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Cefatal 1gm Inj
- This medicine will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Follow any instructions suggested by doctor or nurse during the procedure or for after care.
Interactions of Cefatal 1gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Antibiotics like Streptomycin, Gentamycin and water pills like Furosemide, when taken along with this medicine, can affect your kidney function; close monitoring of kidney function is recommended
- Patients on anti-gout medicine like probenecid with existing kidney function problem should be cautious
Storage and disposal of Cefatal 1gm Inj
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Once the vial is opened, use it immediately
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Cefatal 1gm Inj
This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely to get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help. High doses of this medicine are known to affect your brain function reversibly and can cause fits.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of treatment.
Q: I have a penicillin allergy, can I take Cefatal 1gm Inj?
A: No, if you have a penicillin allergy, you should never receive this medicine. It can lead to serious and life-threatening allergic reaction if you already have a penicillin allergy.
Q: What do you mean by inappropriate use of antibiotics?
A: Inappropriate use of antibiotics constitutes taking antibiotics when not needed, for wrong diseases, taking inappropriate dosage and not completing the course of antibiotic treatment as prescribed by doctor.
Q: What is antibiotic resistance?
A: Antibiotic resistance is a natural process. It occurs when an antibiotic fails to efficiently control the growth or kill bacteria causing infection. A bacteria resistant to antibiotics continues to multiply in the presence of antibiotics, which would normally kill them. As resistance develops, these antibiotic medicines become gradually less effective – and eventually, they lose their effectiveness entirely. Antibiotic resistance is a consequence of the excessive use of antibiotics and misuse even when not required.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved