Cadpres 100mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cadpres 100 MG Description
Cadpres 100mg Strip Of 14 Tablets belongs to a class of medications known as Beta-blockers.
|You Save||₹8.40 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Atenolol(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Cadpres 100 MG
- Treatment of high blood pressure
- To treat abnormal heartbeats
- To treat chest pain caused due to reduced blood supply in heart muscles (angina pectoris)
- Early treatment after a heart attack
Contraindications of Cadpres 100 MG
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have uncontrolled heart failure or heart blocks
- If you have abnormal heart rhythms
- Have adrenal tumor (pheochromocytoma) that is not being treated
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body)
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure
- If you have a slow heart rate
Side effects of Cadpres 100 MG
- Slow heartbeat
- Cold fingers and toes
- Loose stools
Precautions and Warnings of Cadpres 100 MG
Can I take Cadpres 100mg Strip Of 14 Tablets during pregnancy?
- Cadpres 100mg Strip Of 14 Tablets crosses the placenta and can cause harm to the fetus
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in pregnancy
Can I take Cadpres 100mg Strip Of 14 Tablets while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into mother’s milk. This medicine may cause low blood sugar and slow heartbeat in your baby; hence, it is not safe to take Cadpres 100mg Strip Of 14 Tablets during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cadpres 100mg Strip Of 14 Tablets?
This medicine doesn't affect your ability to drive. However, it can cause dizziness or tiredness. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Cadpres 100mg Strip Of 14 Tablets?
- Alcohol consumption along with this medicine can lower your blood pressure
- It is advised to avoid alcohol during the treatment
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma, this medicine can worsen your asthma
- You have diabetes, caution is required. Atenolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body's response to low blood sugar. You may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar, such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc....
- You shall be undergoing a surgery
- You have a condition of chest pain called Prinzmetal's angina
- You have an overactive thyroid (thyrotoxicosis)
- You have psoriasis, it can worsen this condition
Mode of Action of Cadpres 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Atenolol is a Beta-blocker. It works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels, thus reducing high blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Cadpres 100 MG
- Take Cadpres 100mg Strip Of 14 Tablets as directed by your doctor
- Take this medicine every day at the corresponding time
Interactions of Cadpres 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or migraine (Clonidine)
- Medicines used to treat chest pain (Verapamil, Diltiazem, and Nifedipine)
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeat (Disopyramide, Quinidine or Amiodarone)
- Medicines used to treat heart problem (Digoxin)
- Medicines that help to stimulate the heart (Epinephrine)
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (Ibuprofen or Indometacin)
- Medicines used to treat diabetes, insulin or other diabetic medicines
- Medicines used as anaesthesia (Cyclopropane and Trichlorethylene, Lidocaine, Procainamide)
Storage and disposal of Cadpres 100 MG
Do not store above 25°C. Store it in a dry place.
Dosage of Cadpres 100 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include slow heart rate, low blood pressure, tightness in chest, sometimes loss of consciousness. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the medication on my own?
A: Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor. If you stop the medication of a beta-blocker suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat or heart attack. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc. then immediately report to the doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in our serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: I shall be soon undergoing surgery, is there any precaution needed for the same?
A: Yes, it would be best if you inform your doctor that you are taking this medicine. This medicine can have interactions with anaesthesia given during surgery, hence your anaesthetic must know the same and plan accordingly.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed