Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler Description
Budetrol Metered-Dose Inhaler is a combination medicine containing formoterol and budesonide. It is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and COPD like wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, et
c. It should be used as prescribed and not discontinued unless advised by your doctor, as a sudden stoppage can cause the disease to worsen. Headache, nausea, vomiting, cough, irritation in the throat and palpitations are a few side effects that you may experience after taking this medicine. Consult your doctor if you observe any white patches in your mouth or experience any discomfort or new symptoms on the consumption of the medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Budetrol Metered-Dose Inhaler.
- Foracort 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose InhalerBy Cipla Limited120md Metered Dose Inhaler in BoxMRP 280.89₹ 238.765% CHEAPER₹ 1.99/Metered Dose
- Foracort Cfc Free 6/100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose InhalerBy Cipla Limited120md Metered Dose Inhaler in BoxMRP 280.89₹ 280.89₹ 2.34/Metered Dose
Uses of Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Contraindications of Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- If you are known to be allergic to any components or excipients of Budetrol Metered-Dose Inhaler.
- If you are suffering from acute breathlessness as seen in a severe attack of asthma or COPD or cases of a collapsed airway.
Side effects of Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach discomfort
- Body pain
- Coughing, sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Respiratory tract infections
- Fungal infection in the mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Other General Warnings
- You have severe liver problems.
- You have diabetes or a lung infection.
- You have problems with your heart like high blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- Your asthma condition is suddenly worsening.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low blood potassium level.
- You feel that the treatment is ineffective.
- You are on any medicines that suppress immunity; there is an increased chance of developing infections. Necessary vaccinations and care should be taken to avoid this.
- Orally inhaled steroidal medicines may cause growth retardation in children. Hence, growth monitoring is recommended.
- Keep taking this medicine as prescribed, even if your symptoms go away. Your doctor will reduce your dose when required.
- Abruptly stopping the medicine can be dangerous and should be strictly avoided.
Mode of Action of Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
How Does It Work?
- Budetrol Metered-Dose Inhaler works by the combined action of Formoterol and Budesonide.
- Budesonide is a corticosteroid medicine, which on inhalation reduces inflammation in the airways in a dose-dependent manner, thus reduces the chances of worsening asthma.
- Formoterol acts on the muscles in the airway tract. In the presence of inflammation (like in asthma), these muscles lead to constriction of the airway and causing breathlessness.
- Formoterol relaxes these muscles, facilitating the opening of the airway and thus relieving breathlessness.
Directions for Use of Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Use this medicine as recommended by your doctor. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
Interactions of Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Budetrol Metered-Dose Inhaler along with medicines such as Ketoconazole (anti-fungal medicine), Ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and Clarithromycin (antibiotic) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Effects of this medicine can be weakened by some medicines used to control blood pressure or treat heart-related illnesses like Propranolol, Atenolol and others belonging to the same class.
- Concomitant treatment with Quinidine, Disopyramide, Procainamide, Phenothiazines, Antihistamines (like Terfenadine), medicines used in psychiatric illness like Isocarboxazid, Doxepin can lead to increased chances of developing disorders related to the heart rhythm....
- You may be at an increased risk of experiencing cardiac side effects when taking L-Dopa (used in Parkinson’s diseases), L-thyroxine (thyroid hormone) along with this medicine.
- Medicines like Procarbazine (anti-cancer) can lead to a rise in blood pressure if used simultaneously with this medicine. It is important to inform your anaesthetist about your asthma medications to avoiding interactions of this medicine with some anaesthetic agents (like Diazepam, Amobarbital)....
- Low potassium levels caused due to this medicine may lead to increased chances of heart disorders if you are taking Digitalis (used for heart failure). Also, water-pills except the potassium-sparing ones lead to lowering of potassium in body and caution is advised if you are taking these along with this medicine....
Storage and disposal of Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Dosage of Budetrol 100mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Budetrol Metered-Dose Inhaler?
Q: Is it safe during pregnancy?
Q: How long can I use Budetrol Metered-Dose Inhaler?
- FORACORT Rotacaps (Formoterol fumarate dihydrate + Budesonide) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Dailymed - BUDESONIDE AND FORMOTEROL FUMARATE DIHYDRATE aerosol [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 May 2022]
- SYMBICORT® (budesonide and formoterol fumarate dihydrate) Inhalation Aerosol, for oral inhalation use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Budetrol 400 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- Budetrol 200 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Capsules
- Budetrol 200 Mcg Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Budetrol 400 Mcg Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Budetrol Forte Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- Budetrol 100 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- Budetrol Forte Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Budetrol 12 100 Mcg Inhaler 1