Brosol 2mg Tablets
Brosol 2 MG Description
Brosol Tablet is used to provide relief from symptoms like breathlessness, wheezing sound, chest tightness, coughing, etc. associated with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It
contains Salbutamol as its active ingredient. This medicine acts as a bronchodilator and works by relaxing the muscles of the airway, thus widening the passage and easing breathing.
Uses of Brosol 2 MG
Contraindications of Brosol 2 MG
- If you are allergic to salbutamol or any of the constituents of the Brosol Tablet.
- If you have a history of missed pregnancy.
- If you are already taking medicines for high blood pressure.
Side effects of Brosol 2 MG
- Irregular heartbeats
- Muscular cramps
- Low potassium level (that leads to muscle spasm, weakness)
Precautions and Warnings of Brosol 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have underlying medical conditions such as overactive thyroid, a heart-related disorder, etc.
- You have diabetes because your blood sugar level may rise and continuous monitoring is required.
- You may experience chest pain or breathing problem during the treatment. You should consult your doctor immediately, it can be an underlying heart disorder.
- You feel that Brosol Tablet is less effective and not able to give you relief, but you should not increase the dose on your own. Seek medical help immediately.
- You experience allergic reactions like hives, itching, swelling, etc. during the treatment.
Mode of Action of Brosol 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Brosol 2 MG
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Complete the entire course of the medicine, do not stop the medicine halfway, if you feel better.
Interactions of Brosol 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Sometimes Brosol Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this medicine works if taken at the same time. Especially, if you are taking antihypertensives like water pills, medicines used for brain-related disorders, medicines for heart-related problems like digoxin, etc. ...
- Concomitant use with anti-asthmatic medicines like theophylline and steroids along with Brosol Tablet can cause a low level of potassium in the blood.
Storage and disposal of Brosol 2 MG
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Store it below 25°C in a dry place.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date which is mentioned in the medicine.
Dosage of Brosol 2 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I smoke if I have been prescribed Brosol Tablet?
- Salbutamol 4 mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Salbutamol 4 mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]