Bronil Tablets Description
Bronil Tablet is a combination medicine containing theophylline and salbutamol. It relaxes the muscles around the airways in the lungs, relieving shortness of breath, chest tightness, cough and breat
hing problems caused by asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Uses of Bronil Tablets
Contraindications of Bronil Tablets
- If you allergic to Theophylline and Salbutamol the active ingredients of the medicine
- If you are suffering from a rare blood disorder of haemoglobin (porphyria)
- If you are on medicines used to control the blood pressure and heart rate (beta-blockers)
- If you have a history of vaginal bleeding or bloody discharge during the first 6 months of pregnancy (threatened abortion)
Side effects of Bronil Tablets
- Stomach ache
- Faster than normal heart beats (palpitations)
- Muscle cramps
- Sleeplessness (insomnia).
Precautions and Warnings of Bronil Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or planning for a pregnancy; breastfeeding
- You have diabetes
- You are allergic to the active ingredient theophylline and/or salbutamol
- You are suffering from heart problems and/or high blood pressure
- You have an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
- You are suffering from liver and/or kidney disease
- You have fits or seizures
- You have stomach ulcers
- You are a male having difficulty in passing urine (prostate gland)
- You have a viral infection
- You suffer from a life-threatening condition - cystic fibrosis
- You are a smoker or have an alcohol addiction
Mode of Action of Bronil Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Bronil Tablets
- Bronil Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Bronil Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Bronil Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, asthma, diabetes, cancer, fits, gout, thyroid problems, infections, acidity, HIV infection, hepatitis, alcoholism or are taking steroids, water pills, blood thinners, oral contraceptive pills are about to receive flu vaccine....
Storage and disposal of Bronil Tablets
- Store Bronil Tablet in a clean & dry place
- Keep away from children & pets
Dosage of Bronil Tablets
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea and severe vomiting, restlessness, fits, uncontrolled jerky limb movements.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Bronil Tablet, as my symptoms have been relieved?
Q: What does Bronil Tablet contain?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Uniphyllin Continus 300 mg prolonged release tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Uniphyllin Continus 300 mg prolonged release tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Salbutamol 2 mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Salbutamol 2 mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]