Brimopress Eye Drops
Brimopress 0.2 % Description
Brimopress Eye Drop is used to lower pressure in the eye in patients having open-angle glaucoma and ocular high pressure in the eyes. It contains brimonidine as its active ingredient. It works initia
lly by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (watery fluid similar to plasma) in the eye which decreases the pressure inside the eye. If used for a longer duration it also works by drainage of aqueous humour. Redness, burning, itching, foreign body sensation in eyes, blurring of eyes, allergic swelling of eyelid or conjunctiva are some of the side effects of using this medicine. If side effects bother you or your condition does not improve over time, inform your doctor.
Uses of Brimopress 0.2 %
Contraindications of Brimopress 0.2 %
- If you are allergic to Brimonidine or any of the other ingredients Brimopress Eye Drop.
- If you are using this medicine with other medicines such as monoamine oxidase inhibitor and a tricyclic antidepressant group of medicine.
- Brimopress Eye Drop should not be used for a child of age less than 2 years.
Side effects of Brimopress 0.2 %
- Redness, burning, itching
- The sensation of foreign particles in the eyes
- Blurring of eyes
- Allergic swelling of eyelid or conjunctiva
- Dryness of mouth
- Dryness of eyes
- Intolerance to light
Precautions and Warnings of Brimopress 0.2 %
Other General Warnings
- You are using Brimopress Eye Drop for your child of age above 2 years. Use should be done with caution in such patients.
- You have low mood, brain disease, reduce blood flow to heart or part of the body, decrease in blood pressure after a change of body posture, swelling and narrowing of small blood vessels of feet, hand, etc....
- You have any liver, heart or kidney disease.
- You are using contact lense as a component called benzalkonium chloride present in this medicine can cause discolouration of soft contact lenses.
- Your eyes are dry. Use should be done with caution.
Mode of Action of Brimopress 0.2 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Brimopress 0.2 %
- Use Brimopress Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully. Do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Brimopress 0.2 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Brimopress Eye Drop should not be used with medicines such as monoamine oxidase inhibitor (used in brain diseases).
- Concomitant use along with medicines used in high blood pressure should be done with caution.
Storage and disposal of Brimopress 0.2 %
- Store Brimopress Eye Drop at a temperature below 25 °C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Brimopress 0.2 %
- As Brimopress Eye Drop is meant for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you instil extra drops of it, wash eyes thoroughly with water.