Biovorin 15mg Injection 2ml
Biovorin 750 MG Description
Biovorin Injection is used to neutralize the harmful effects of methotrexate, a cancer medicine. It contains calcium folinate as an active ingredient. It acts by protecting the healthy cells from the
harmful effects of methotrexate. This Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse at a hospital or clinic.
Uses of Biovorin 750 MG
- Biovorin Injection is used to treat neutralize the harmful effects of methotrexate (anticancer medicine).
- It is used to treat folic acid deficiency anaemia caused due to various reasons.
Contraindications of Biovorin 750 MG
- If you are allergic to calcium folinate or any other ingredient of Biovorin Injection.
- If you have any kind of anaemia due to vitamin B12 deficiency.
Side effects of Biovorin 750 MG
- Bone marrow failure
- Inflammation of gut or mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Biovorin 750 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have vitamin B12 deficiency anaemia.
- You have a history of fits.
- You are an elderly.
- You are on any cancer treating medicine.
Mode of Action of Biovorin 750 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Biovorin 750 MG
Interactions of Biovorin 750 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Biovorin Injection works or Biovorin itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking medicines such as antibiotics, medicine to treat a brain-related disorder or any other medicine that acts by inhibiting folic acid.
Storage and disposal of Biovorin 750 MG
- Store Biovorin in a cool and dry place as recommended on the cartoon.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Biovorin 750 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Biovorin Injection to work?
Q: What is the composition of Biovorin Injection?
- Calcium Folinate 10 mg/ml Injection [Internet]. Labeling.pfizer.com. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Calcium Folinate 10 mg/ml Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Calcium Folinate 10 mg/ml Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]