Biolev 5mg Tablets
Biolev 5 MG Description
Biolev Tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It contains levocetirizine as its active
medicine. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely histamine. Biolev Tablet works by blocking the actions of histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert.
- Okacet L TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.70₹ 53.3019.61% CHEAPER₹ 5.33/Tablet
- Levocetrizen 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.00₹ 24.5063.05% CHEAPER₹ 2.45/Tablet
- Lisani 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cnx Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 58.7511.31% CHEAPER₹ 5.88/Tablet
- Allercet L TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 59.00₹ 50.1524.28% CHEAPER₹ 5.02/Tablet
- Levocet 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.50₹ 43.7733.94% CHEAPER₹ 4.38/Tablet
- Xevor 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.85₹ 40.6759.13% CHEAPER₹ 2.71/Tablet
- Cetalore 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Kim Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.00₹ 53.5519.16% CHEAPER₹ 5.36/Tablet
- Levapp 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Apex Laboratories Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 56.00₹ 47.6028.21% CHEAPER₹ 4.76/Tablet
- Covel 5mg TabletBy Glowderma Lab Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 46.00₹ 39.1041.03% CHEAPER₹ 3.91/Tablet
- 1 Al 5mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 34.65₹ 29.4555.51% CHEAPER₹ 2.95/Tablet
Uses of Biolev 5 MG
- Biolev Tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust and pet allergies.
Contraindications of Biolev 5 MG
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Biolev Tablet.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Biolev 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Biolev 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Biolev 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Biolev 5 MG
- Take Biolev Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Biolev 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Biolev Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medications that may interact with Biolev Tablet are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of Biolev 5 MG
- Store Biolev Tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Biolev 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Biolev Tablet to work?
Q: Does Biolev Tablet make you tired and drowsy?
Q: How long should I continue taking Biolev Tablet?
Q: Can I take Biolev Tablet along with paracetamol?
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]