Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
20g Cream in Tube
30 days return policyRead More
Betnovate-GM Cream contains a combination of medicines, Gentamicin, Betamethasone and Miconazole. It helps in relieving pain, redness, swelling and itching of the skin that has been worsened by bacterial and/or fungal infection. It is very effective in oozing and wet skin. This cream is meant for external use only and should be used in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be avoided if you are known to be allergic to any of the constituents. It should not come in contact with eyes, mouth and open wounds. The common side-effects you may experience are itching, burning sensation, blister, skin irritation (including dry skin and redness), rash and skin discolouration. Mostly these side effects are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
Betnovate-GM Cream is used to treat various types of skin conditions in which there is pain, redness, itching, oozing along with infection. This is seen in conditions like eczema with bacterial or fungal infections, allergic skin inflammation, diseases of skin responding to steroids and associated with superficial infections.
Contraindications of Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
- If you are known to be allergic to any of the components of the medicine or develop an allergy after starting treatment with it.
- In children under the age of 2 years
- If you have pimples, itching without redness of skin, perianal or genital itching
- If you have some viral, bacterial or fungal infections of the skin
- If you have infections of the nose, outer ear, around your mouth, back or private parts
Side effects of Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
- Itching at the application site
- Burning sensation or pain
- Blister formation or skin peeling
- Skin irritation (including dry skin and redness)
- Skin rash and discolouration
- Thinning of skin around the area applied
Precautions and Warnings of Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
Can I apply Betnovate-GM Cream during pregnancy?
Betnovate-GM cream is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantity which might get absorbed from the skin is too little. The chances of any effect in pregnancy are rare. Still, this medicine should be used only under medical supervision as components of this medicine is known to be unsafe during pregnancy. In case you are prescribed with this medicine, avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Betnovate-GM Cream while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Betnovate-GM cream passes into human milk, you should consult your doctor before using this medicine. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Betnovate-GM Cream?
There is limited information about the effects of Betnovate-GM cream on driving but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Betnovate-GM Cream?
There is limited information about the effects of Betnovate-GM cream with alcohol but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had a previous allergic reaction with any other steroid
- You have a skin infection
- You are applying the cream under an airtight dressing, eyes, mouth, open wounds, face or on a large surface area.
- You develop irritation or superinfection after using this cream.
- Your symptoms do not improve within 7 days of treatment.
- This cream should not be applied to eyes, mouth, open wounds or face. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part with lots of water.
- Betnovate GM cream should not be used in large quantities or on large areas for a long time.
- Use with this cream to be limited to 5 days in children or when applied on the face.
Mode of Action of Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
- Betnovate-GM cream relieves pain, redness, itching and swelling by the action of its important constituents, Betamethasone, Gentamicin and Miconazole.
- Any infection leads to activation of the inflammatory pathway which causes redness, itching and swelling of the infected area. Betamethasone is a topical steroid that attaches to steroid receptors present on cells. This causes an increase in the production of substances that stop the inflammatory process and decrease the production of substances causing inflammation. As a result, pain, redness, swelling and itching decreasesread less
- Miconazole, an antifungal medicine, acts on covering of the fungal cell. This makes them porous due to which the contents inside the fungus leak out. This damages the fungus and kills it.
- Gentamicin is an anti-bacterial medicine that attaches to the genetic material of bacteria, making it incapable of producing substances required for survival. Hence, bacteria are ultimately killed. Thus, helps in reducing the symptoms.read less
Directions for Use of Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
- Betnovate-GM cream is meant for external use only and you should use this cream as directed by your doctor.
- Clean and dry the affected area, apply a thin layer on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds and gently rub.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Treatment should not be continued for more than seven days without medical supervision. If the condition worsens or does not improve within seven days, you should consult your treating physician.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, this medicine contains Miconazole, Gentamicin & Betamethasone, any interactions seen with these 3 components when used alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.read less
- Medicines like Ritonavir (used to treat AIDS) and Itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections) should be used cautiously along with Betnovate-GM cream.
Storage and disposal of Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
You should store Betnovate GM Cream in a cool and dry place. Do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Do not use expired medicines and promptly discard them. For expiry date refer packaging box or tube. If a month is mentioned, the expiry date is usually the last day of the month.
Dosage of Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
As Betnovate-GM cream is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. In case of a chronic overdose, excess of Betnovate GM cream will lead to steroid toxicity. The excessive use for the prolonged duration is not advised as it can be absorbed into the blood. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess of medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of Betnovate GM cream may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and may lead to treatment failure. Hence it is better to follow the prescribed instructions for optimal results.
- If you have missed to apply this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Betnovate-GM cream be used on the face for spots?
A: No, you should not use Betnovate-GM cream without consulting your doctor. Dark spots can be due to several reasons like stress and hormonal changes due to age or pregnancy, healing of pimples, insect bite or injury or due to some medication. You should consult your doctor, he/she will examine your skin condition and then decide if this cream should be prescribed or not.
Q: Can Betnovate GM Cream be used for pimples or acne?
A: No, Betnovate GM cream should not be used for acne and pimples or any skin conditions for which the root cause is not clear. It can worsen acne. It should only be used if your doctor prescribes the medicine.
Q: Can we apply Betnovate-GM cream on the face?
A: Your face is an area where the skin is very delicate and thin. Therefore, you should always consult your doctor before using Betnovate-GM cream directly on your face. Moreover, it contains a steroid which can cause thinning of the skin.
Q: How will I come to if I am allergic to Betnovate-GM Cream?
A: If you are allergic to Betnovate-GM cream, you may develop one or more of the following symptoms immediately after applying or within a short time - swelling, redness and itching at the site of application, difficulty in breathing, dizziness. In such a case, you should visit an emergency medical facility.
Q: Can I stop taking Betnovate-GM cream when I feel better?
A: No, you should continue using Betnovate-GM cream for as long as advised by your treating physician, even if you feel better. Your symptoms may reduce early but it takes time for the infection to be completely cured.
Q: Can Betnovate-GM cream be used in children above 2 years?
A: Children have more delicate skin as compared to adults. Hence, Betnovate-GM cream may be absorbed in large amounts leading to side effects. It is advised to use this medication in children only if a specialist prescribes it. It is also important to use it exactly as described by the doctor.
Q: How to use Betnovate-GM cream?
A: Apply a thin layer on a clean and dry area and gently rub it and let it firmly absorb into the skin. Always wash your hands before and after applying this medicine, unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Betnovate-GM cream?
A: If you get any cream in your eyes, rinse with water straight away. Keep your eyes open when you rinse. If you still feel any discomfort contact a doctor or visit a hospital right away.
Q: Are there any side effects of Betnovate-GM cream?
A: You may experience redness, itching, irritation, burning sensation or pain, blister formation or skin peeling at the area where Betnovate-GM cream is applied.
Q: What if I have missed to apply Betnovate-GM cream?
A: Missing a dose of Betnovate GM cream may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment, thus you must follow the prescribed instructions for optimal results. If you have missed any application, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply the cream just to compensate for the missed one.
Other Variants for
Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
Last Updated on: 06 Nov 2020 | 01:22 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved