Betnovate Gm Cream 20gm
Betnovate-GM cream is a combination medicine. It is used for the treatment of various inflammatory conditions of the skin associated with infections. This cream contains gentamicin, betamethasone an
d miconazole as its main components. Betnovate GM works by the combined action of its three ingredients and helps in relieving itching, redness, swelling and infection. It works effectively for moist or weeping surfaces. Betnovate-GM cream is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. It should not be used continuously for more than one week without revaluation by the treating doctor. Keep the infected/affected area clean and avoid touching healthy skin after applying Betnovate-GM cream to avoid the spread of infection. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects of Betnovate-GM cream, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Before using Betnovate-GM cream, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹5.62 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Betamethasone(0.1 %) + Gentamicin(0.1 %) + Miconazole(2.0 %)|
|Uses||Bacterial and fungal skin infection|
|Side effects||Skin irritation, rash, skin discolouration, itching, burning sensation|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Uses of BETNOVATE GM CREAM 20GM
Contraindications of BETNOVATE GM CREAM 20GM
- If you are known to be allergic to gentamicin, miconazole, betamethasone, or any of the components of the Betnovate-GM cream.
- In children under the age of 2 years.
- If you have pimples, itching without redness of skin, perianal or genital itching.
- If you have some viral, bacterial or fungal infections of the skin.
- If you have infections of the nose, outer ear, around your mouth, back or private parts.
Side effects of BETNOVATE GM CREAM 20GM
- Skin rash
- Skin discolouration
- Thinning of skin
Precautions and Warnings of BETNOVATE GM CREAM 20GM
Other General Warnings
- You had a previous allergic reaction with any other steroid
- You have a skin infection
- You are applying the cream under an airtight dressing, eyes, mouth, open wounds, face or on a large surface area.
- You develop irritation or superinfection after using this cream.
- Your symptoms do not improve within 7 days of treatment.
- This cream should not be applied to eyes, mouth, open wounds or face. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part with lots of water.
- Betnovate GM cream should not be used in large quantities or on large areas for a long time.
- Use with this cream to be limited to 5 days in children or when applied on the face.
Directions for Use of BETNOVATE GM CREAM 20GM
- Betnovate-GM cream is meant for external use only and you should use this cream as directed by your doctor.
- Clean and dry the affected area, apply a thin layer on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds and gently rub.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Treatment should not be continued for more than seven days without medical supervision. If the condition worsens or does not improve within seven days, you should consult your treating physician.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Storage and disposal of BETNOVATE GM CREAM 20GM
- You should store Betnovate GM Cream in a cool and dry place.
- Do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines and promptly discard them.
- For expiry date refer packaging box or tube. If a month is mentioned, the expiry date is usually the last day of the month.
Quick Tips of BETNOVATE GM CREAM 20GM
- Betnovate-GM Cream is used to treat various types of inflammatory skin conditions along with infection.
- This medicine is meant for external application and should not be ingested.
- Do not use more than the prescribed amount of this medicine or do not use it for a longer period than your doctor recommended.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are to be treated. Do not apply this medicine to the eyelids.
- Before using Betnovate-GM cream, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same condition.
- If you experience any effects like skin rashes, itching, skin discolouration or thinning of skin after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor.
Dosage of BETNOVATE GM CREAM 20GM
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of Betnovate GM cream may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and may lead to treatment failure. Hence it is better to follow the prescribed instructions for optimal results.
- If you have missed to apply this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Mode of Action of BETNOVATE GM CREAM 20GM
How Does It Work?
- Betnovate-GM cream relieves pain, redness, itching and swelling by the action of its important constituents, Betamethasone, Gentamicin and Miconazole.
- Any infection leads to activation of the inflammatory pathway which causes redness, itching and swelling of the infected area. Betamethasone is a topical steroid that attaches to steroid receptors present on cells. This causes an increase in the production of substances that stop the inflammatory process and decrease the production of substances causing inflammation. As a result, pain, redness, swelling and itching decreases...
- Miconazole, an antifungal medicine, acts on covering of the fungal cell. This makes them porous due to which the contents inside the fungus leak out. This damages the fungus and kills it.
- Gentamicin is an anti-bacterial medicine that attaches to the genetic material of bacteria, making it incapable of producing substances required for survival. Hence, bacteria are ultimately killed. Thus, helps in reducing the symptoms....
Interactions of BETNOVATE GM CREAM 20GM
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, this medicine contains Miconazole, Gentamicin & Betamethasone, any interactions seen with these 3 components when used alone may occur with this combination....
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Medicines like Ritonavir (used to treat AIDS) and Itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections) should be used cautiously along with Betnovate-GM cream.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Betnovate-GM cream be used on the face for spots or for pigmentation?
Q: Can Betnovate GM Cream be used for pimples or acne?
Q: Can we apply Betnovate-GM cream on the face?
Q: How will I come to if I am allergic to Betnovate-GM Cream?
Q: Can I stop applying Betnovate-GM cream on my own?
Q: Can Betnovate-GM cream be used in children above 2 years?
Q: How to use Betnovate-GM cream?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Betnovate-GM cream?
Q: Are there any side effects of Betnovate-GM cream?
Q: What if I have missed to apply Betnovate-GM cream?
Q: Can I apply to Betnovate GM on private parts?
Q: What does Betnovate-GM do?
- Betnovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- Betnovate Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- DailyMed - GENTAMICIN SULFATE CREAM 0.1% cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]