Betariv 0.5mg Tablets
Betariv 0.5 MG Description
Betariv Tablet is used to relieve inflammation (redness, swelling, itching) which is associated with an allergy, immune-related disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial asthma, skin and other aller
gic conditions. It is a steroid medicine containing betamethasone as its main component. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not miss any dose or stop taking it without consulting the doctor. You must complete the entire course with the medicine. Some common side effects of Betariv Tablets are nausea, indigestion, heartburn but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before using this Tablet.
|You Save||₹0.74 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Indigestion, heartburn, nausea|
Uses of Betariv 0.5 MG
Contraindications of Betariv 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to betamethasone or any other ingredients of Betariv Tablet.
- If you have any infection and have not yet started medicines to treat it.
Side effects of Betariv 0.5 MG
- Increased sweating
- Increased appetite
- Thinning of bones
Precautions and Warnings of Betariv 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any type of infection.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have diabetes, tuberculosis or fits.
- You have an underactive thyroid gland.
- You have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You have a condition of muscle weakness.
- You have osteoporosis (bones becoming weak).
- You have eye problems like blurred vision, etc.
- You or the family members had or have glaucoma.
- You are suffering from mental health problems.
- You had chickenpox, shingles, measles or have been in contact with a person who has it.
Mode of Action of Betariv 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Betariv 0.5 MG
- Take Betariv Tablet exactly as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
- It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions. Do not exceed the dose more than that recommended.
Interactions of Betariv 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Betariv Tablet works or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- Medicines like carbenoxolone, oral contraceptive pills, mifepristone, vecuronium, tretinoin, quetiapine should be used cautiously along with Betariv Tablet.
- Also, inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Betariv 0.5 MG
- Betariv Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Betariv 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Betariv Tablet contain?
Q: Is Betariv Tablet a steroid medicine?
Q: How should I take Betariv Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Betariv medicine if I feel my symptoms are gone?
Q: What is Betariv Tablet used for?
Q: How often can you take Betariv?
Q: What are the side effects of Betariv?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Betnelan Tablet [Internet]. India-pharma.gsk.com. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Betamethasone 500 microgram Soluble Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Betamethasone 500 microgram Soluble Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]