Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By RPG LIFE SCIENCES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azoran tablet contains medicine known as Azathioprine. It belongs to the group of the medicines known as immunosuppressants. These medicines reduce the strength of the immune system. It is used in the treatment of organ transplant and a few autoimmune diseases. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic, or have kidney, liver or bone marrow problems. You must use contraceptive methods while taking these tablets and for up to 3 months after you have finished taking them. Avoid if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Chances of skin cancer increases if you are receiving azathioprine so avoid excessive exposure to sunlight, wear protective clothing and use protective sunscreen with a high protection factor.
Uses of Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- This medicine is used in the management of organ transplantation. It helps the body to accept a transplanted organ like kidney, liver, heart, lung or pancreas.
- It is also useful in some autoimmune diseases including severe inflammatory diseases of the skin, liver, arteries and some blood disorders.
Contraindications of Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you have a history of allergy (severe skin rashes, itching, swelling of lips, tongue, difficulty in breathing and swallowing) to azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. If you have a severe infection. If you have severe liver disease or severe bone marrow disease. If you have inflammation of the pancreas. If you need or are going to have a vaccination containing a living virus or bacteria, such as BCG, smallpox or yellow fever vaccine. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Reduction in the platelet count
- The frequent onset of infections (bacterial, viral and fungal)
- Bone marrow Malfunction.
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling and infection in the pancreas
- Liver damage
Precautions and Warnings of Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Azoran tablet during pregnancy?
No. This medicine may pass into the blood of the baby and adversely affect your baby. Hence, it is advisable to not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. You must use contraceptive methods while taking these tablets and for up to 3 months after you have finished taking them. Discussed with your doctor about suitable methods of contraception. Women using intrauterine devices (IUDs) should use additional contraceptive methods while taking Azathioprine tablet.
Can I take Azoran tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine may pass into the breastmilk and adversely affect your baby so It is advisable to consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azoran tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness, tiredness or sickness. Any of these side effects would reduce your ability to react. Hence, do not drive or use machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Azoran tablet?
Chances of dizziness increases if you take this medicine with alcohol. Even alcohol adds on the side effects related to the liver with concomitant use of this medicine. Hence, avoid using this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver or kidney problems.
- You have a condition where your body produces too little of a natural chemical called
- thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT).
- You have an infection for which you have not yet received any treatment.
- You are going to have an operation (this is because medicines including tubocurarine,
- pancuronium or succinylcholine used as muscle relaxants during operations may interact
- with Azathioprine).
- You have a rare genetic disorder called 'Lesch-Nyhan syndrome'.
- Chances of skin cancer increases if you are receiving azathioprine, so avoid
- excessive exposure to sunlight, wear protective clothing and use protective sunscreen
- with a high protection factor.
- Treatment with Azathiprine increases your risk of getting a specific type of cancer called a lymphoproliferative disorder. With treatment regimen containing multiple immunosuppressants (including thiopurines), this may lead to death.read less
- A combination of multiple immunosuppressants medicines, given concomitantly increases the risk of disorders of the lymph system due to viral infection.
- Increased chances of developing a serious condition called Macrophage Activation Syndrome (excessive activation of white blood cells associated with inflammation), which usually occurs in people who have certain types of arthritis.read less
- If you have an inherited mutation in the NUDT15-gene (a gene which is involved in the break- down of Azathioprine 50mg Tablets in the body), you have a higher chance of infections and hair loss so your doctor may give you a lower of medicine.read less
- Your doctor may advise frequent blood tests and follow up visits during treatment to adjust the dose accordingly.
Mode of Action of Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
When the body receives a transplanted organ, being a foreign organ, the body activates its immune mechanism and tries to reject it. Immunosuppressant medicine inactivates this immune system and helps the body to accept the organs. In some autoimmune diseases, there is severe inflammation of affected organs like skin, arteries, liver, intestine etc. In such cases, this medicine also helps the body to decrease the immune system and decrease the inflammation.
Directions for Use of Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once a day, then always take this medicine at the same time for example- early morning before breakfast. Even after improvement of symptoms, continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures.read less
Interactions of Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicine you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well because these medicines may alter the effectiveness of amantadine or increase the chances of side effects.read less
- The following medicines may interact with Azoran tablet:
- Concomitant use of Medicines such as Allopurinol, oxipurinol or thiopurinol (used mainly to treat gout) may decrease the effect of this medicine when used together.
- Medicines like Olsalazine, mesalazine or sulfasalazine (used mainly to treat ulcers) should be used cautiously as they may alter the effect of the medicine.
- Ciclosporin or tacrolimus (used as immunosuppressant medicines) inflammation of the colon and anal passage)
- The effect of medicines like Warfarin or phenprocoumon (used to prevent blood clots) is reduced when used together with Azoran tablets.
- Medicine like Furosemide (used mainly to treat high blood pressure), when used together with this medicine, can decrease the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines like cimetidine (used to treat stomach ulcers and indigestion) Indometacin (used as a painkiller and to treat inflammation) are used together with Azoran tablets then there is an increase in the risk of bone marrow malfunction.read less
- Vaccines which contain live viruses should not be given during the treatment with Azoran tablets as they can lead to harmful side effects.
- Inform your anaesthesiologist of your treatment with Azoran tablets before surgery.
Storage and disposal of Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date. Store below 30°C in the original package. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine in dose exactly prescribed by your doctor. Overdose may increase the side effect of the medicine. Taking too many tablets may cause bone marrow suppression.
- You may get a sore throat, fever or infection. You may also feel tired or experience bruising and bleeding.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you take too many tablets
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Azoran medicine steroid?
A: No, Azoran contains a medicine called Azathioprine, which is an immunosuppressant (reduce the strength of your immune system).
Q: When to stop Azoran?
- You should never stop this medicine before doctors advise. Sudden discontinuation may increase the symptoms. your doctor may advise frequent blood tests and follow-up visits. After careful examination, he may gradually stop this medicine.read less
Q: How to use Azoran?
- The dose of the medicine is usually individualized by the doctor. Hence, please follow the advice of your treating doctor.
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved