Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By RPG LIFE SCIENCES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azoran tablet reduces the strength of the immune system. It is used in the treatment of organ transplant and a few autoimmune diseases. Azoran 50 tablet contains azathioprine as its active medicine. You must use contraceptive methods while taking these tablets and for up to 3 months after you have finished taking Azoran tablet. Avoid if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Chances of skin cancer increases if you are receiving azathioprine so avoid excessive exposure to sunlight, wear protective clothing and use protective sunscreen with a high protection factor....
|You Save||₹19.10 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Allergic reactions, diarrhoea, swelling and infection in the pancreas|
Check more medicines with composition as Azathioprine(50.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Azoran 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Azoran 50 MG
- Azoran tablet is used in the management of organ transplantation. It helps the body to accept a transplanted organ like kidney, liver, heart, lung or pancreas.
- It is also useful in some autoimmune diseases including severe inflammatory diseases of the skin, liver, arteries and blood disorders.
Contraindications of Azoran 50 MG
- If you are allergic to azathioprine or any other ingredients of Azoran tablet.
- If you have a severe infection.
- If you have severe liver disease or severe bone marrow disease.
- If you have inflammation of the pancreas.
- If you need or are going to have a vaccination containing a living virus or bacteria, such as BCG, smallpox or yellow fever vaccine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Azoran 50 MG
- Reduction in the platelet count
- Frequent onset of infections (bacterial, viral and fungal)
- Bone marrow Malfunction
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling and infection in the pancreas
Precautions and Warnings of Azoran 50 MG
Can I take Azoran tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine can pass into the blood of the baby and adversely affect your baby. Hence, it is advisable to not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. You must use contraceptive methods while taking these tablets and for up to 3 months after you have finished taking them. Discussed with your doctor about suitable methods of contraception. Women using intrauterine devices (IUDs) should use additional contraceptive methods while taking Azoran tablet.
Can I take Azoran tablet while breastfeeding?
Azoran tablet may pass into the breastmilk and adversely affect your baby so It is advisable to consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azoran tablet?
Azoran tablet may cause dizziness, tiredness or sickness. Any of these side effects would reduce your ability to react. Hence, do not drive or use machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Azoran tablet?
Chances of dizziness increases if you take this medicine with alcohol. Even alcohol adds on the side effects related to the liver with concomitant use of this medicine. Hence, avoid using this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver or kidney disease
- You have a condition where your body produces too little of a natural chemical called thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT).
- You have an infection for which you have not yet received any treatment.
- You are going to have an operation (this is because medicines including tubocurarine, pancuronium or succinylcholine used as muscle relaxants during operations may interact with Azathioprine).
- You have a rare genetic disorder called 'Lesch-Nyhan syndrome'.
- Chances of skin cancer increases if you are receiving azathioprine, so avoid excessive exposure to sunlight, wear protective clothing and use protective sunscreen with a high protection factor.
- Treatment with Azathioprine increases your risk of getting a specific type of cancer called a lymphoproliferative disorder. With a treatment regimen containing multiple immunosuppressants (including thiopurines), this may lead to death....
- A combination of multiple immunosuppressants medicines, given concomitantly increases the risk of disorders of the lymph system due to viral infection.
- Increased chances of developing a serious condition called Macrophage Activation Syndrome (excessive activation of white blood cells associated with inflammation), which usually occurs in people who have certain types of arthritis....
- Your doctor may advise frequent blood tests and follow up visits during treatment to adjust the dose accordingly.
Mode of Action of Azoran 50 MG
How Does It Work?
When the body receives a transplanted organ, being a foreign organ, the body activates its immune mechanism and tries to reject it. Immunosuppressant medicine inactivates this immune system and helps the body to accept the organs. In some autoimmune diseases, there is severe inflammation of affected organs like skin, arteries, liver, intestine etc. In such cases, Azoran tablet also helps the body to decrease the immune system and decrease the inflammation....
Directions for Use of Azoran 50 MG
- Take Azoran tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
Interactions of Azoran 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Azoran tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for gout, immunosuppressant medicines, blood thinner medicines, water pills, antacids and live virus vaccines.
Storage and disposal of Azoran 50 MG
- Keep Azoran tablet out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date. Store below 30°C in the original package.
Dosage of Azoran 50 MG
You may get a sore throat, fever or infection, bleeding and bone marrow suppression as symptoms of overdose of Azoran tablet. Seek immediate medical attention if you taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Azoran medicine steroid?
A: No, Azoran contains a medicine called Azathioprine, which is an immunosuppressant (reduce the strength of your immune system).
Q: When to stop Azoran?
A: You should never stop this medicine before doctors advise. Sudden discontinuation may increase the symptoms. your doctor may advise frequent blood tests and follow-up visits. After careful examination, he may gradually stop this medicine.
Q: How to use Azoran?
A: The dose of the medicine is usually individualized by the doctor. Hence, please follow the advice of your treating doctor.
Q: What is Azoran tablet used for?
A: Azoran tablet is used in the management of organ transplantation. It helps the body to accept a transplanted organ like kidney, liver, heart, lung or pancreas. It is also useful in some autoimmune diseases including severe inflammatory diseases of the skin, liver, arteries and blood disorders.
Q: What are the side effects of Azoran 50?
A: Mild nausea and low white blood cell level in your blood tests are a few common side effects of Azoran that can be seen during the treatment. However, these symptoms are mild and go away with time.
Q: Is Azoran 50 a steroid?
A: No, Azoran 50 is not a steroid. It is an immunosuppressant and useful in some autoimmune diseases including severe inflammatory diseases of the skin, liver, arteries and blood disorders.
- Azathioprine Tablets 50mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 December 2021]
- Azathioprine Tablets 50mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 December 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 December 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.