Atro Eye Drops 5ml
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atro Eye Drop contains atropine as an active ingredient. It is used for treating inflammation (swelling, redness, etc) in the eyes and is also used to dilate the pupil of the eye. Do not use the medic
ine if you are allergic to it or are suffering from high pressure inside the eyes. You should use the medicine only under medical supervision and as instructed by the doctor....
Uses of Atro Eye Drops 5ml
- Atro Eye Drop is used to treat inflammation (swelling, redness, etc) in the eyes.
- It is used to dilate the pupil of an eye before an eye examination.
Contraindications of Atro Eye Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to atropine or other ingredients of Atro Eye Drop.
- If you suffer from high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma).
Side effects of Atro Eye Drops 5ml
- Eye discomfort
- Pricking or chilling in the eye
- Swelling in the eye
Precautions and Warnings of Atro Eye Drops 5ml
Can I instill Atro Eye Drop during pregnancy?
As there is limited information about the safety of the medicine during pregnancy, the medicine should only be used if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I instill Atro Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
Be cautious while breastfeeding during the treatment because prolonged use of the medicine might reduce milk production but it does not affect the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have instilled Atro Eye Drop?
The medicine may cause blurred vision. Avoid driving or operating machines until the vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol with Atro Eye Drop?
There is no known interaction of the medicine with alcohol, but it is important to consult the physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You use contact lenses in your daily life.
- You may experience temporarily impaired vision.
- You have a history of heart problems like a fast heartbeat.
- You may have dark-coloured eyes, thus avoid excess dosage.
- You may suffer from high pressure inside the eyes, as much caution is required.
- You may suffer from fever, as Atro Eye Drop may raise the temperature so it should be used cautiously.
Mode of Action of Atro Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
Atro Eye Drop acts by relaxing the muscles in the eyes and enlarge the pupil and making the eye examination easier. It reduces the swelling and pain in the eyes.
Directions for Use of Atro Eye Drops 5ml
- Use Atro Eye Drop as instructed by the doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close the eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching the eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe excess liquid from the face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Atro Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Simultaneous use of other eye medicine may delay the absorption of Atro Eye Drop.
- The use of high osmolarity solutions may affect the activity of the medicine.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Atro Eye Drops 5ml
- Store Atro Eye Drop below 25°C at a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use the medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour or if particles are present.
Dosage of Atro Eye Drops 5ml
Symptoms of overdose may include irregular heartbeat, confusion, restlessness, unusual muscle movements, fits or hallucinations. If you think you have used too much of the medicine, then contact the d
octor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Avoid double dose to compensate for a missed one. If you missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do I need to take precautions during the treatment with Atro Eye Drop?
- You should wash the hands properly before and after the use of eye drops.
- Heart patients should be more careful during the use of eye drops, as it may alter the heartbeat.
- The eye drops should be discarded after 4-weeks of opening.
- Try not to touch the dropper and should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Atropine Eye Drops BP 1.0% w/v Vistatropine Eye Drops 1.0% w/v - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 May 2021]
- Atropine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 10 May 2021]
- Minims Atropine Sulphate 1%w/v, Eye drops solution | Patient Info | Bausch Health Ireland Ltd. | Medicines.ie [Internet]. Medicines.ie. 2021 [cited 10 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 16 Jul 2021 | 06:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved