Arh L Tab
By LINCOLN PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
8 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Arh L Tab is a combination of Artemether and Lumefantrine, an anti-malarial medicine.
|You Save||₹19.53 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Lumefantrine(120.0 Mg),Artemether(20.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Lumefantrine(120.0 Mg) + Artemether(20.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Arh L Tab
Uses of Arh L Tab
- This medicine is used for the treatment of malaria cases not responding to other anti-malarial medicines
Contraindications of Arh L Tab
- If you are allergic to Artemether and Lumefantrine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a serious malarial infection with impaired body functions like difficulty in breathing, fits, kidney brain and liver-related problems
- If you have a family history of heart disease
- If you are taking medicines such as Flecainide, Metoprolol, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Clomipramine, Terfenadine, Astemizole or Cisapride
- If you have heart disease like irregular heart rhythm or heart failure
- If you have an imbalance of electrolytes in your body due to fluid loss
Side effects of Arh L Tab
- Low appetite, vomiting, stomach pain, nausea and diarrhoea
- Headache, dizziness and sleeplessness
- Tingling or pricking sensation
- Unusual muscle movements, joint pain and fatigue
- Pounding and irregular heartbeat
- Skin disorders like rashes or itching
- Difficulty in walking properly and lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Arh L Tab
Can I take Arh L Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine has known to cause or suspected to cause harmful effects on the developing fetus, thus not recommended for use in pregnant women. However, doctors may give this medicine to a pregnant women under critical situations where alternate antimalarial medicine is not able to treat the condition.
Can I take Arh L Tab while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed your baby during the treatment with this medicine. You have to wait for at least for 1 week post-treatment to start breastfeeding again.
Can I drive if I have consumed Arh L Tab?
This medicine makes you feel sleepy, dizzy and weak. Thus it is advised not to drive when you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Arh L Tab?
Any specific information on the use of alcohol along with this medicine is not available. However, consuming alcohol may aggravate some of the side effects of this medicine like stomach problems and mental disturbances. Thus, it is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a family history of irregular heartbeat or sudden death due to heart problems
- If you have heart disorders like irregular heartbeat, slow heart rate, etc.
- If you are taking any other medicine to treat malaria like Quinine or Mefloquine, special medical observation is required
- Your existing disease condition gets worsened after taking this medicine, immediate attention of a doctor is required
- If you are an HIV positive patient and taking medicines to treat HIV
- If you are using pills as contraceptive measures, you need to use alternative method of contraception like condoms at least for a month
- If you have serious kidney and liver function problems
Mode of Action of Arh L Tab
How Does It Work?
This medicine kills a malarial parasite called plasmodium.
Directions for Use of Arh L Tab
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor preferably with food, beverage containing milk or with water
- In case you vomit within 1 hour of taking this medicine, take another dose
Interactions of Arh L Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Never take medicines like Clarithromycin, Ciprofloxacin, Fluconazole, Terfenadine, Flecainide, Cisapride with Arh L Tab as it can lead to serious heart problems
- Medicines like Metoprolol, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Clomipramine, anti-malarial medicines like Mefloquine, Quinine should not be taken with this medicine
- If you have taken Arh L Tab, Rifampin, Carbamazepine and Phenytoin should not be taken for at least for one month
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection (antiretroviral) like Ritonavir, Nevirapine or Efavirenz
- You should not take this medicine if you have taken Halofantrine - an anti-malarial medicine, within a month
- This medicine interferes with the way oral contraceptive medication work. Thus it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms during the treatment and at least one month post-treatment...
- Antifungal medicines like Ketoconazole
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice should be avoided during the treatment.
Storage and disposal of Arh L Tab
- Store below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Arh L Tab
There are no reported symptoms observed with the overdose of this medicine. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible. Try to carry the pack of the medicine to make overdose assessment easier for doctor/hospital staff....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of anti-malarial medicine as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's already the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can this medicine be taken as precautionary to prevent malaria?
A: No, this medicine is used to treat malaria under the circumstances where other antimalarial medications are not working. It is not to be used for prevention.
Q: I am feeling better after 2 doses of this medicine, can I stop taking it?
- No, it is important to complete the course as prescribed by your doctor. You may feel better after the first dose but to kill the malarial parasite entirely from your body, you must complete the course or you may have a recurrence of malaria....
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.