Amoxyclav 625mg Tablet
Amoxyclav 625 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat various bacterial infections. It is helpful in treating infections of the lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints,
soft tissue and tooth. This medicine contains amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as active ingredients. It works by the combined action of its two components. Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections. Clavulanic acid helps in maintaining an optimal level of amoxicillin. It works by inactivating the enzymes which break amoxicillin. This medicine must be taken as prescribed by a doctor. The dose and duration of the treatment with this medicine will be decided by your doctor. It will vary depending on the severity of the infection and other individual parameters. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better within a few days. Complete the course of antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return of the infection. Amoxyclav 625 tablet or any antibiotic should not be used when you are not sure if the infection is due to bacteria. The unnecessary use of antibiotics can make them ineffective for future treatment. Complete the course of antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return of the infection. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. Amoxyclav 625 tablets should not be taken during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester. Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding. Also, inform them about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹16.99 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
- Threpclav 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 201.70₹ 171.44₹ 17.14/Tablet
- Trueclam Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 179.00₹ 152.15₹ 15.22/Tablet
- Omniclav 625mg TabletBy Cipla Gx6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.02₹ 84.71₹ 14.12/Tablet
- Augmed 625mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 129.48₹ 90.64₹ 15.11/Tablet
- Evoxil Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 196.80₹ 167.28₹ 16.73/Tablet
- Novaclav 625mg TabletBy Cipla Gx6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.02₹ 102.87₹ 17.15/Tablet
- Clavidur 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 194.68₹ 165.48₹ 16.55/Tablet
- Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 223.42₹ 189.91₹ 18.99/Tablet
- Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 171.10₹ 145.43₹ 14.54/Tablet
- Clavam 625mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 201.62₹ 171.38₹ 17.14/Tablet
Uses of AMOXYCLAV 625MG TABLET
Contraindications of AMOXYCLAV 625MG TABLET
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Amoxyclav 625 tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, or carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of AMOXYCLAV 625MG TABLET
- Infection of skin & nails
- Skin rash, irritation
Precautions and Warnings of AMOXYCLAV 625MG TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You are above 60 years of age.
- You have problems with your liver.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You experience skin redness followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with Amoxyclav 625 tablet.
Directions for Use of AMOXYCLAV 625MG TABLET
- Amoxyclav 625 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of AMOXYCLAV 625MG TABLET
- Store Amoxyclav 625 tablets at room temperature in the original package to protect them from heat and moisture.
- Keep the tablets away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Quick Tips of AMOXYCLAV 625MG TABLET
- Complete the course on Amoxyclav 625 tablet given by your doctor. Do not miss any doses and take your medicine on time.
- Amoxyclav 625 tablet is an antibiotic and reserved for specific infections only, do not self-medicate with this medicine. Take proper medical advice before taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines you take and your medical history if any.
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and indigestion can be seen as side effects of this medicine, inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve over time.
- Amoxyclav 625 tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor and for the duration it has been prescribed.
Dosage of AMOXYCLAV 625MG TABLET
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of AMOXYCLAV 625MG TABLET
How Does It Work?
Interactions of AMOXYCLAV 625MG TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Amoxyclav 625 tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. It is advised to regularly monitor the blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate, which is used to treat cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Amoxyclav 625 tablet....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Amoxyclav 625 tablet cause diarrhoea?
Q: Can I take Amoxyclav 625 tablet if I am allergic to penicillin?
Q: How many times in a day do I have to take Amoxyclav 625 tablet?
Q: How long does it take for Amoxyclav 625 tablet to show its effects?
Q: Is Amoxyclav 625 effective for sore throat?
Q: Is Amoxyclav 625 used in psoriasis?
Q: Can I take Amoxyclav 625 in fever and cold?
Q: Can I take Amoxyclav 625 for pneumonia?
Q: Can I use Amoxyclav 625 for tonsilitis or oral cavity infection?
Q: Can Amoxyclav 625 be used for cellulitis or otitis media?
Q: Can Amoxyclav 625 be used for wound infection?
Q: Can Amoxyclav be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: What is Amoxyclav 625mg used for?
Q: What is the function of Amoxyclav 625?
Q: Are Advent 625 vs Amoxyclav 625 the same?
Q: Is Amoxyclav 625 a painkiller?
Q: Can Amoxyclav 625 be taken during lactation?
Q: Will MRSA be resistant to Amoxyclav 625?
Q: Why Amoxyclav 625 is used in chronic bronchitis?
Q: Is Amoxyclav 625 an antibiotic?
Q: Is it safe to use Amoxyclav 625 tablet?
Q: Is alcohol safe with Amoxyclav 625?
- AUGMENTIN [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.