Amlokind At 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amlokind-AT Tablet contains a combination of two medicines Amlodipine and Atenolol. They belong to a class of antihypertensive medicines. Amlokind-AT tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris, a condition characterised by chest pain, tightness and squeezing in chest radiating towards shoulders, arms and neck. It works by lowering the blood pressure, heart rate and contractility of heart muscles. Patients with kidney and liver function problem and elderly should be very cautious while taking this medicine.
Uses of Amlokind At 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- High blood pressure
- Angina pectoris
Contraindications of Amlokind At 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this Amlodipine, Atenolol or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have any heart disorder like heart failure problem, irregular heartbeat and heart blockage.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces so much acid.
- If you have a blood circulation problem due to which affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have low blood pressure and slow heart rate problem.
- If you have experienced shock due to heart attack.
Side effects of Amlokind At 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Pounding heartbeat
- Hot flushes
- Stomach pain
- Ankle swelling
- Fluid retention
Precautions and Warnings of Amlokind At 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Amlokind-AT Tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy, as it can harm the developing baby. If you get pregnant while taking this medicine, inform your doctor. You will be switched to a safer alternative therapy.
Can I take Amlokind-AT Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment. It can harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Amlokind-AT Tablet?
You should be cautious while driving if you are taking this medicine, especially in starting of the treatment. You may feel dizzy and sleepy after taking this medicine. Therefore, it would be better to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Amlokind-AT Tablet?
Avoid alcohol during the treatment. It can cause adverse effects along with this medicine. Consuming alcohol when you have a blood pressure problem is not advisable as alcohol can lower the blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a liver problem or kidney problem
- If you experience that your heart condition is getting worse
- If you are an older person, pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you are suffering from respiratory tract infections like asthma or obstruction of airways
- If you have a planned surgery or operation
- If you are suffering from high or low blood sugar level
- During treatment, you develop a thyroid disorder
Mode of Action of Amlokind At 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Atenolol works by blocking the certain natural chemicals in your body, like epinephrine, to the heart and blood vessels which ultimately helps in lowering heart rate, blood pressure and strain on the heart.read less
- Amlodipine works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thereby facilitating blood circulation and lowering blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Amlokind At 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Amlokind-AT as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Try to take this medicine at the same time every day for better blood pressure control.
Interactions of Amlokind At 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Amlokind-AT is a combination of two medicine and there is no adequate information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. Any interaction which is seen with Amlodipine or Telmisartan can happen with this combination.read less
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with Amlokind-AT tablet.
- Medicines used to modify the immune response such as Cyclosporin and Tacrolimus when taken along can give you side effects of former medicine, inform your doctor.
- Medicines that are used for irregular heartbeats like Amiodarone and Disopyramide if taken along with Amlokind-AT can lead to a drop in blood pressure and slow heartbeat. Simultaneous use should be avoided.read less
- Medicine that is used as muscle relaxant called Dantrolene if taken along can lead to serious heart-related problems.
- Other medicines like lithium used for psychiatric disorders, painkillers like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib and medicine used to maintain cholesterol levels like Simvastatin and digoxin used for heart failure should be used cautiously.read less
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit, apple and orange juice should be avoided for at least 4 hours of taking this medicine. It can affect the absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Amlokind At 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Amlokind At 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose of Amlokind-AT Tablets include laziness, a respiratory disorder like wheezing sound, sick sinus, slow heartbeat, low blood pressure, constriction of airways and low blood sugar level.read less
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Overdose of this medicine can sometimes lead to heart failure.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed a dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. It would be best if you never miss a dose of blood pressure medicine as it can lead to serious side effects like sudden fall in blood pressure and associated symptoms such as fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness, dehydration etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Amlokind-AT Tablet?
A: Do not stop taking Amlokind-AT tablet until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to a sudden increase in your blood pressure, which can be very dangerous. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Consult a doctor and follow his prescription
- Restrict salt intake in your diet
- Follow a low carb, low-fat diet
- Do regular exercise for 30- 40 minutes every day
- Maintain a healthy weight
Q: What is the difference between Amlokind-AT and Amlokind-5 tablet?
A: Both Amlokind-AT and Amlokind-5 are medicines to control high blood pressure but vary in their composition. Amlokind-AT contains Amlodipine and Atenolol, whereas Amlokind-5 contains only Amlodipine. Depending upon your health condition and disease status, the doctor will prescribe you with either of this. Do not self medicate any of the anti-hypertensive medicines.
Q: What are the side effects of Amlokind-AT Tablet?
A: Medicines along with the desired effect, sometimes give side effects also, however not everyone gets them. The most common side effects of this medicine are sleepiness, dizziness, headache, stomach pain, nausea, swelling in ankle and fatigue.
Q: How much time does it take for Amlokind-AT Tablet to start working?
A: It takes approximately 1 hour for this medicine to start showing its blood pressure lowering effects. However, this can vary among individual depending on their physiology and metabolism.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 12 Feb 2021 | 12:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved