Amitryn 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Amitryn 25 MG Description
Amitryn Tablet is an antidepressant medicine. Amitryn Tablet belongs to a group of tricyclic antidepressants (depression medicine) used to deal with depression. Amitryn Tablets work by enhancing orga
nic substances in the brain, thus helping in fighting against depression. It is used to treat severe headaches caused by migraines and neurological pain, such as headaches, neck pain, and headaches behind the eyes. Depression is a medical mood disorder that affects the persistent loss of interest and sadness. Neuropathic pain is a painful condition that is usually chronic. It is generally caused by chronic, progressive nerve disease due to injury or any infection. Amitryn Tablet contains Amitriptyline, which works in the brain by integrating chemical messengers like serotonin and norepinephrine, which help regulate mood and prevent depression. Moreover, Amitryn Tablet also inhibits pain signals, thereby relieving neuropathic pain. Amitryn Tablet is not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years. Before putting up with Amitryn Tablet, tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Always take Amitryn Tablets as directed by your doctor. Also, it is instructed that Amitryn Tablet should not be avoided suddenly, as it may affect unpleasant negative symptoms.
|You Save||₹3.53 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder, neuropathic pain, migraine, irritable bowel syndrome, sleep disorders, diabetic neuropathy, agitation and insomnia, chronic tension-type headache (CTTH)|
|Side effects||Headache, dry mouth, constipation, nausea, excessive sweating, slurred or slow speech, confusion, decreased sex drive, problems with erection, disturbance in attention|
Uses of Amitryn 25 MG
- Treats depressive disorder
- Relief Neuropathic pain
- Relieve migraines
- Treats Irritable bowel syndrome
- Treatment of sleep disorders
- Treats diabetic neuropathy
- Provides relief in insomnia
- Treats Chronic tension-type headache (CTTH)
Contraindications of Amitryn 25 MG
- If someone has a problem that alters the level of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- If you’ve an overactive thyroid gland or receives thyroid medication
- If you’ve epilepsy, a history of convulsions, or fits
- If you have a medical problem such as Pylorus stenosis (narrowing of the gastric outlet) and paralytic ileus (blocked intestine)
- If you are a diabetic
- If you have low blood pressure
- If someone has a medical complication like narrow-angle glaucoma (loss of vision due to abnormally high pressure in the eye)
Side effects of Amitryn 25 MG
- Excessive sweating
- Decreased sex drive, problems with erection
- Numbness in the arms or legs
- Disturbed coordination
- Dilated pupils
- Low sodium concentration in the blood
- Urination disorders
Precautions and Warnings of Amitryn 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have bipolar disorder, mania, heart disease, or severe liver disease.
- You have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors or other mood medicines in the last 14 days.
- You have a family history of suicide or seizures.
- You’re allergic to it or other tricyclic antidepressants (such as nortriptyline), or if they have any other allergies.
Mode of Action of Amitryn 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amitryn 25 MG
- Take an Amitryn Tablet according to your doctor's instructions.
- Try to take an Amitryn Tablet at the same time each day.
- It should be swallowed whole with water.
- Do not crush or chew the Amitryn Tablet.
Interactions of Amitryn 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Talk to your doctor or consultant if you are taking, as Amitryn Tablet may interact with the following medicines:
- Medicines like lorazepam and antidepressants such as Amitryn Tablet should not be used together as they can cause adverse effects on your heart.
- In combination with an antidepressant like Amitryn Tablet, opioid analgesics can reverse their effect, so they cannot be used together.
- It is not recommended to take antidepressants such as Amitryn Tablets together with anticonvulsants like gabapentin since they are associated with very high risks of adverse effects.
Interactions with food items
- No food interaction seen.
Storage and disposal of Amitryn 25 MG
Dosage of Amitryn 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Amitryn Tablet cause urinary problems?
Q: What are the uses of the Amitryn Tablet?
Q: Does Amitryn Tablet cause memory loss?
Q: Is Amitryn Tablet terrible for your heart?
Q: Can the use of Amitryn Tablet affect my sexual life?
- 1. DailyMed - AMITRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE tablet, coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 23 December 2021]. Available from:
- 2. Encyclopedia M, overdose A. Amitriptyline hydrochloride overdose: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 23 December 2021]. Available from:
- 3. Drugs H. Amitriptyline: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 23 December 2021]. Available from