Amitrip 75mg Tab
By EAST WEST PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amitrip 75 mg tablet is used to relieve depression and neuropathic pain symptoms. It is chemically composed of Amitriptyline, a class of medicines called tricyclic anti-depressants (treats depression). Tricyclic anti-depressants restore the balance of certain natural chemical messengers (serotonin) in the brain, improve your mood and feeling of well-being, and relieve associated anxiety. Amitrip 75 mg tablet has also been found beneficial in treating migraine. Migraine is a one-sided throbbing headache associated with nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound. Neuropathic pain is a burning or tingling pain usually felt in hands and feet secondary to nerve damage or compression. It is a prescription medicine. Your doctor decides the dose and duration of Amitrip 75mg tablet after he has confirmed that you are suffering from any of the above-mentioned illnesses. The common side effects of Amitrip 75 mg tablet are constipation, changes in blood pressure, weight gain, palpitations, urinary retention, dry mouth, sedation, headache, nausea, tremors, hair loss (alopecia), and diaphoresis (excessive sweating). Sudden stoppage of the medicine can result in withdrawal symptoms (headache, nausea, irritability, sleep disturbances and tiredness). Call the healthcare provider between visits as needed, especially if you have any concerns about your symptoms. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or a lactating mother. The doctor should also be informed about concurrent use of other medications (prescription/non-prescription, herbal supplements and vitamins). If you develop an allergy following consumption of the medicine, please report to emergency immediately. The family members should be advised to closely observe the patient for behavioural changes, new panic attacks or new or worsening symptoms....
|You Save||₹7.15 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, Neuropathic pain and Migraine prophylaxis|
|Side effects||Constipation, Urinary retention, Changes in blood pressure, Palpitations, Weight gain, Dry mouth, Sedation, Headache, Nausea, Tremors, Hair loss (alopecia), Excessive sweating (Diaphoresis), Visual disturbances|
Check more medicines with composition as Amitriptyline(75.0 Mg)
Uses of Amitrip 75 MG
- Amitrip 75mg tablet is used to treat the following cases:
- Treatment of depression
- Relieves neuropathic pain
- Prophylaxis of migraine (prevents migraine headache)
Contraindications of Amitrip 75 MG
- Amitrip 75mg tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have any known allergy to the medicine or any of its constituents
- If you are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (Selegiline, Triptans, and lithium-used for mental illnesses), it increases the risk of fits (seizures) and death
- If you take Cisapride(used for acidity), there is an increased risk of arrhythmia (irregular heart rate and rhythm)
Side effects of Amitrip 75 MG
- Amitrip 75mg tablet has the following side effects:
- Constipation and urinary retention
- Changes in blood pressure and palpitations
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
- Hair loss (alopecia)
- Excessive sweating (diaphoresis)
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Amitrip 75 MG
Can I take Amitrip 75 mg tablet during pregnancy?
No. Amitrip 75 mg tablet is unsafe in pregnancy. Studies have shown that it may pass the placental barrier (communication between the mother and the newborn) and can cause deformities of limbs and delay the newborn's development in females who took Amitrip 75 mg tablet during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor for more information. However, studies and data are limited, and your doctor will weigh the benefit and potential risks involved before prescribing the medicine to you.
Can I take Amitrip 75 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
No. Amitriptyline is passed in breast milk in small amounts and hence is unsafe to use in lactating mothers. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have taken Amitrip 75 mg table?
Amitrip tablet can cause impairment of mental and physical abilities required for driving a motor vehicle.
Can I consume alcohol with the Amitrip 75 mg tablet?
Alcohol should not be consumed with Amitrip 75 mg tablet as it causes excessive sedation, dizziness, and behavioural changes. It can be life-threatening.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart, liver, or kidney problems or suffer from any mental illness.
- You are on medications to treat depression (anti-depressants), seizures (fits), or mood disorders.
- You develop a severe allergic reaction to the medicine.
- You experience persistent side effects which worsen over time or develop irritability or behavioural changes, panic attacks, mood changes, aggression, visual disturbances, or palpitations.
- You have a history of alcoholism.
- You are pregnant or a nursing mother.
- You have low blood pressure.
Mode of Action of Amitrip 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Amitrip 75 mg tablet has Amitriptyline as its active ingredient, which inhibits the uptake of serotonin and norepinephrine (chemical messengers) in the brain. The effect is an elevated mood. The individual becomes more communicative and starts taking an interest in the surroundings. It produces some amount of sedation(sleepiness). It relieves neuropathic pain by lowering the pain signals to the brain produced due to nerve damage. It is also used to prevent chronic headaches like migraine by increasing serotonin levels....
Directions for Use of Amitrip 75 MG
- Do not start the medicine without consulting a doctor.
- Take the medicine as per the dose and duration decided by your doctor.
- Take it orally with or without food with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine or skip doses, or overdose.
- Consult your doctor immediately in case of persistent side effects or serious allergic reactions.
Interactions of Amitrip 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- In combination with anticholinergic medicines like Dicyclomine, it increases the risk of paralytic ileus (bowel obstruction and delayed motility of the gut)
- Cimetidine increases the toxicity of Amitip 75 mg tablet when used concomitantly (Cimetidine is used for acidity and stomach ulcers)
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (Fluoxetine and Sertraline) used for depression may affect the blood levels of Amitrip 75 mg tablet.
- Anti-depressants (used for depression) may affect the blood levels of Amitrip 75 mg tablet.
- Phenothiazines (used to treat mood disorders like schizophrenia) may affect the blood levels of Amitrip 75 mg tablet.
Interactions with food items
- Amitrip 75 mg tablet may be taken with or without food as your doctor directs.
Storage and disposal of Amitrip 75 MG
Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Keep it out of reach of children and pets. Discard the medicine properly in case it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Amitrip 75 MG
If you have overdosed, look for symptoms like drowsiness, dizziness, fast or irregular heartbeat, visual problems, tremors, fits, or breathing difficulties. Report to the emergency or call for medical help immediately if you experience any of the above. Overdosage of the medicine can be life-threatening....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of your next dose, skip the dose. Do not take both doses together as it may cause an overdose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am hesitant to take Amitrip 75 mg tablet because of its side effects. What is the alternative?
A: Amitrip 75 mg tablet can cause side effects like weight gain, constipation, dry mouth, urinary retention and changes in blood pressure when taken for a longer duration. However, most of the common side effects caused by Amitrip 75 mg tablet do not require any medical attention and gradually subside on their own. You should take the medicine if your doctor has prescribed it for your condition for the recommended duration. If you develop persistent symptoms or severe allergies, report to your doctor immediately. Please consult your doctor for more information.
Q: What lifestyle changes need to be followed when one is on Amitrip 75 mg tablet?
A: The medicine can cause weight gain when used in the long term. Maintain a healthy diet and do regular exercise. Consult your doctor for more information.
Q: For how long my doctor will keep me on Amitrip 75 mg for my condition.
A: Amitrip 75 mg is used for migraine prophylaxis and treatment of depression, and it also relieves neuropathic pain. Depression and migraine prophylaxis require months of treatment. However, the doctor might put you on low doses initially and slowly taper the dose of the medicine when not required. The duration of treatment varies with the condition you are suffering from. Please consult your doctor for the same.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.