Amitrip 75mg Tablets
Amitrip 75 MG Description
Amitrip 75 mg tablet is used to relieve depression and neuropathic pain symptoms. It is chemically composed of Amitriptyline, a class of medicines called tricyclic anti-depressants (treats depression
). Tricyclic anti-depressants restore the balance of certain natural chemical messengers (serotonin) in the brain, improve your mood and feeling of well-being, and relieve associated anxiety. Amitrip 75 mg tablet has also been found beneficial in treating migraine. Migraine is a one-sided throbbing headache associated with nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound. Neuropathic pain is a burning or tingling pain usually felt in hands and feet secondary to nerve damage or compression. It is a prescription medicine. Your doctor decides the dose and duration of Amitrip 75mg tablet after he has confirmed that you are suffering from any of the above-mentioned illnesses. The common side effects of Amitrip 75 mg tablet are constipation, changes in blood pressure, weight gain, palpitations, urinary retention, dry mouth, sedation, headache, nausea, tremors, hair loss (alopecia), and diaphoresis (excessive sweating). Sudden stoppage of the medicine can result in withdrawal symptoms (headache, nausea, irritability, sleep disturbances and tiredness). Call the healthcare provider between visits as needed, especially if you have any concerns about your symptoms. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or a lactating mother. The doctor should also be informed about concurrent use of other medications (prescription/non-prescription, herbal supplements and vitamins). If you develop an allergy following consumption of the medicine, please report to emergency immediately. The family members should be advised to closely observe the patient for behavioural changes, new panic attacks or new or worsening symptoms.
|You Save||₹5.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Neuropathic pain and Migraine prophylaxis|
|Side effects||Constipation, Urinary retention, Changes in blood pressure, Palpitations, Weight gain, Dry mouth, Sedation, Headache, Nausea, Tremors, Hair loss (alopecia), Excessive sweating (Diaphoresis), Visual disturbances|
Uses of Amitrip 75 MG
- Amitrip 75mg tablet is used to treat the following cases:
- Treatment of depression
- Relieves neuropathic pain
- Prophylaxis of migraine (prevents migraine headache)
Contraindications of Amitrip 75 MG
- Amitrip 75mg tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have any known allergy to the medicine or any of its constituents
- If you are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (Selegiline, Triptans, and lithium-used for mental illnesses), it increases the risk of fits (seizures) and death
- If you take Cisapride(used for acidity), there is an increased risk of arrhythmia (irregular heart rate and rhythm)
Side effects of Amitrip 75 MG
- Amitrip 75mg tablet has the following side effects:
- Constipation and urinary retention
- Changes in blood pressure and palpitations
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
- Hair loss (alopecia)
- Excessive sweating (diaphoresis)
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Amitrip 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart, liver, or kidney problems or suffer from any mental illness.
- You are on medications to treat depression (anti-depressants), seizures (fits), or mood disorders.
- You develop a severe allergic reaction to the medicine.
- You experience persistent side effects which worsen over time or develop irritability or behavioural changes, panic attacks, mood changes, aggression, visual disturbances, or palpitations.
- You have a history of alcoholism.
- You are pregnant or a nursing mother.
- You have low blood pressure.
Mode of Action of Amitrip 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amitrip 75 MG
- Do not start the medicine without consulting a doctor.
- Take the medicine as per the dose and duration decided by your doctor.
- Take it orally with or without food with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine or skip doses, or overdose.
- Consult your doctor immediately in case of persistent side effects or serious allergic reactions.
Interactions of Amitrip 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- In combination with anticholinergic medicines like Dicyclomine, it increases the risk of paralytic ileus (bowel obstruction and delayed motility of the gut)
- Cimetidine increases the toxicity of Amitip 75 mg tablet when used concomitantly (Cimetidine is used for acidity and stomach ulcers)
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (Fluoxetine and Sertraline) used for depression may affect the blood levels of Amitrip 75 mg tablet.
- Anti-depressants (used for depression) may affect the blood levels of Amitrip 75 mg tablet.
- Phenothiazines (used to treat mood disorders like schizophrenia) may affect the blood levels of Amitrip 75 mg tablet.
Interactions with food items
- Amitrip 75 mg tablet may be taken with or without food as your doctor directs.