Alfakim 500mg Injection
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
2ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alfakim Injection is an antibiotic containing amikacin as its active component. It is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections. It alters the protein synthesis of the bacteria, interferi
ng with its replication and growth, further resulting in cell death. Alfakim Injection is given in healthcare set up under supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The dose and duration of the treatment will be decided by the doctor after careful assessment of your condition. Tell the doctor about the complete medical history before initiating the treatment....
Uses of Alfakim 500mg Injection
Alfakim Injection is used for treating serious bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Alfakim 500mg Injection
- If you are allergic to amikacin or other components of the injection.
- If you are allergic to medicine from the same class (aminoglycoside antibiotics) if you are not sure about which are these medicines ask the doctor.
- If you suffer from myasthenia gravis, a condition characterised by muscle weakness and fatigue.
Side effects of Alfakim 500mg Injection
- Skin rash
- Injection site reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Alfakim 500mg Injection
Can I take Alfakim Injection during pregnancy?
The safety of the medicine is not established during pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while on the medicine seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take Alfakim Injection while breastfeeding?
It is not known if Alfakim Injection pass in breast milk. To avoid any harm to the breastfeeding infant consult the doctor if you are breastfeeding before initiating therapy and he may suggest either discontinue breastfeeding or treatment.
Can I drive if I have taken Alfakim Injection?
There is no information available on the effect of the medicine on the driving abilities of an individual. If you experience dizziness after the administration of Alfakim Injection, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have taken Alfakim Injection?
No known interaction with alcohol. If you consume alcohol often, discuss it with the doctor. Long term use of alcohol weakens the immune system and makes you more prone to get infected.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience an allergic reaction.
- You may experience side effects after taking Alfakim Injection.
- You may develop vision loss after administering the medicine.
- You should stay hydrated while on the medication.
- You have kidney disease and a hearing problem.
- You have a muscular disorder such as Parkinsonism.
- Alfakim Injection should be used cautiously in premature and neonatal infants.
- The medicine is known to be toxic for the ears, kidneys and brain. Patients need to be monitored closely while on treatment with the medicine. Discuss with the doctor about signs and symptoms.
Mode of Action of Alfakim 500mg Injection
How Does It Work?
Alfakim Injection alters the protein synthesis (responsible for cell multiplication) of the bacteria, stops the growth of bacteria and results in cell death.
Directions for Use of Alfakim 500mg Injection
- Alfakim Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Alfakim 500mg Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Alfakim Injection works or Alfakim itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially about other antibiotics, immunosuppressants, water pills, muscle relaxants, medicines used for bone diseases and certain supplements.
Storage and disposal of Alfakim 500mg Injection
- Store at a cool and dark place.
- Discard the solution if not clear.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Alfakim 500mg Injection
Alfakim Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus the chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomforts or symptoms like hearing, renal disabilities inform the do
ctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of the injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed taking a dose of the injection, inform the doctor or nurse immediat
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What all things should I discuss with the doctor before taking Alfakim Injection?
A: Give detail about the medical and surgical history. Also, the doctor needs to be informed of all the prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements that you may be taking before starting Alfakim Injection.
Q: What are the uses of Alfakim Injection?
A: Alfakim Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
Q: How is Alfakim Injection given?
A: Alfakim Injection will be given to you by a doctor in a clinic/hospital, avoid self-medicating. The dose and duration will be decided by the doctor after careful assessment of the condition you are being treated for and other parameters. Follow the aftercare instruction given by the doctor.
- Omnikacin Injection [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- Amikacin 250 mg/ml Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2021 [cited 29 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 05:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved