Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Alerdain A Tablet is used for the treatment of wet cough where there is mucous in the throat. It is a combination medicine containing ambroxol and levocetirizine. Alerdain A Tablet should be taken as
directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You may experience sleepiness, headache, tiredness, dry mouth and skin rash. In case you experience any side effects or discomfort after using this Tablet, then consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Before starting Alerdain A Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to ambroxol and hydroxyzine classes of medicine like cetirizine, levocetirizine and any other component of Alerdain A Tablet.
- If you suffer from kidney disease and are on hemodialysis, then you should not take this Tablet.
Side effects of Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You feel restlessness, vomiting, irritation or pain in the abdomen after taking the Alerdain A Tablet.
- You consume alcohol too often or you have any dental issues.
- You have kidney disease and are on hemodialysis
- You are on any other medication or taking any herbal supplements or preparations.
Mode of Action of Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Alerdain A Tablet contains Ambroxol and Levocetirizine.
- Ambroxol is a mucolytic medicine that clears the chest by thinning and loosening the mucus (phlegm) in the airway tract.
- Levocetirizine is an antiallergic class that works by reducing allergic symptoms like rashes, sneezing, watery eyes and a runny or blocked nose.
Directions for Use of Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Alerdain A Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Alerdain A Tablet works or this Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Alerdain A Tablets below 30°C.
- Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Alerdain A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Alerdain A Tablet be given to babies?
Q: Can I take Alerdain A Tablet for dry cough?
- CDSCO - Ambroxol+Levocetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Levorid Syrup [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Axalin Syrup [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- NPRA. Ambroxol [Internet]. Npra.gov. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- NPRA. Levocetirizine [Internet]. Npra.gov. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]