Alensol 70mg Tablets
Alensol 70 MG Description
Alensol Tablet contains Alendronic Acid (also called Alendronate) as its active ingredient. It is used in treating and preventing bones from weakening (osteoporosis) in post-menopausal women. Take th
is medicine exactly as directed by your doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It must be taken on an empty stomach. Alensol Tablets should not be used in patients less than 18 years old. Before starting Alensol Tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
- Osteofos 70mg TabletBy Cipla Limited4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 284.24₹ 241.60₹
Uses of Alensol 70 MG
- Alensol Tablet is used to treat and prevent osteoporosis (a condition in which bones become weak and brittle) in post-menopausal women.
- It can also be used to treat and prevent osteoporosis in men or people using steroids.
Contraindications of Alensol 70 MG
- If you are allergic to Alendronic Acid (Alendronate) or any other ingredients of Alensol Tablet.
- If you have problems with your oesophagus, that makes it difficult to swallow or your food gets stuck.
- If you find it difficult to stand or sit straight for at least half an hour.
- If you have low calcium levels in your blood.
Side effects of Alensol 70 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Alensol 70 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have had a stomach ulcer.
- You suffer from Vitamin D deficiency.
- You have any dental and jaw problems.
- You have pain or difficulty in swallowing.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have low levels of calcium in your blood.
- You have any stomach or intestine problems.
- You have had any operation of the stomach, throat.
- You have a condition called Barrett’s oesophagus (damage to the lower part of the oesophagus).
- Alensol Tablet is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Alensol 70 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alensol 70 MG
- Alensol Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It has to be taken on an empty stomach (at least 30 minutes before food).
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Alensol 70 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations or supplements to avoid any interaction.
- You should avoid consuming any food, beverages, calcium supplements, antacids, etc., for at least 30 minutes after taking this medicine.
- You need to be cautious while taking this medicine along with medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen (used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation).
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Alensol 70 MG
- Alensol Tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Alensol 70 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What lifestyle changes do I need to make while suffering from osteoporosis?
Q: How to take Alensol Tablet?
Q: How long to take Alensol Tablet?
- Binosto 70 mg effervescent tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Binosto 70 mg effervescent tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]