Aldezole 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ALBERT DAVID LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aldezol Tablet is an anti-infective medicine. It is used in treating infections of various parts of the body caused by many microorganisms, including bacteria and amoeba-like organisms (protozoan parasites). Aldezol Tablet contains metronidazole as its active ingredient. This medicine is not recommended to be used by pregnant women and lactating mothers and should be used with caution in elderly patients. Aldezol Tablet should be taken as instructed by the doctor. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine as prescribed by the doctor and not stop taking this medicine abruptly, even if you feel better....
|You Save||₹1.70 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Bacterial and prasitic infections|
|Side effects||Headache, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, metallic taste|
Check more medicines with composition as Metronidazole(400.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Aldezole 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Aldezol 400 MG
- Aldezol Tablet is used to treat parasitic infections such as amoebiasis.
- It is used to prevent sexually transmitted infections such as urogenital trichomoniasis or giardiasis.
- It is also used to treat infections of the gums, teeth and skin due to various infective microorganisms.
Contraindications of Aldezol 400 MG
- If you are allergic to metronidazole or other ingredients of the Aldezol Tablet.
- If you are pregnant (first trimester) or are breastfeeding.
- If you are suffering from a bacterial infection in the vagina.
Side effects of Aldezol 400 MG
- Abdominal cramps
- Eating disorder
- Unpleasant taste
- Pain or stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Aldezol 400 MG
Can I take Aldezol Tablet during pregnancy?
Aldezol Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, especially in the 1st trimester of pregnancy. However, the doctor may prescribe you with this medicine after accessing the benefit of the treatment over risk to the baby.
Can I take Aldezol Tablet while breastfeeding?
Metronidazole passes into the breastmilk, hence it is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with Aldezol Tablet and for at least for a day after the treatment has been discontinued.
Can I drive if I have consumed Aldezol Tablet?
You may feel dizzy, drowsy, confusion, hallucination, visual disturbance or sometimes fits after taking Aldezol Tablet. So, it is advised to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Aldezol Tablet?
- The consumption of alcohol along with Aldezol Tablet can lead to the chances of disulfiram-like reaction where you may experience low blood pressure, hot flushes, nausea, shortness of breath and sometimes giddiness....
- It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment. You should not be consuming alcohol during the treatment and at least for 48 hours after the treatment with Aldezol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from blood disorders like blood-fluid imbalance (dyscrasias) or porphyria.
- You had or have a history of fits or epilepsy.
- You are taking the Tablet for more than 10 days.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You experience infections after taking the Aldezol 400 mg medicine.
- You have peripheral neuropathy (abnormal, painful sensations like pins and needles).
- You have liver or kidney disease or are on dialysis.
- You are suffering from Cockayne syndrome (growth retardation, impaired development of the brain and sensitivity to sunlight).
- You are an alcoholic and must avoid alcohol during the treatment and at least after 48 hours of discontinuation of the treatment.
Mode of Action of Aldezol 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Aldezol Tablet acts by stopping the growth of certain bacteria and parasites which are responsible for infection by interrupting the DNA and causing the DNA strands to break.
Directions for Use of Aldezol 400 MG
Aldezol Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Aldezol 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Aldezol Tablet when taking along with Lithium which is used to treat psychiatric disorders can cause kidney damage.
- Concomitant use of Aldezol Tablet with anticoagulants like Warfarin may potentiate the anticoagulant effects.
- Concomitant use of disulfiram which is used to treat alcohol addiction can cause mental disorders like hallucinations, etc.
- Concomitant use of Aldezol Tablet can reduce the efficacy of oral contraceptives. Thus, a physical barrier should be used for effective contraception.
- Be cautious if you are taking immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin with Aldezol Tablet as it can increase the levels of ciclosporin in the body.
- Other medicines which may affect the activity of Aldezol Tablet are antacids like Cimetidine, Fluorouracil to treat cancer, Phenytoin or Primidone to treat fits or epilepsy.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are giving to your child currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Aldezol 400 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Aldezol 400 MG
Overdose of Aldezol Tablet can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, weight loss, disturbance in taste, headache, dizziness, drowsiness and lack of sleep. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Aldezol Tablet be used to treat Urinary tract infection?
A: No, Aldezol Tablet cannot be used to treat Urinary tract infection.
Q: Is Aldezol Tablet addictive?
A: No, Aldezol Tablet is not an addiction-causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole 500 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Flagyl Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.