Alaspan Bottle Of 30ml Syrup
Alaspan 5 MG Description
Alaspan syrup is an anti-allergic medication that is used to relieve allergic symptoms such as watery eyes, itching, runny or blocked nose and skin redness. It is composed of loratadine which works b
y blocking the action of a chemical messenger which is produced by the body during the allergic state. Alaspan syrup should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Alaspan 5 MG
- Alaspan syrup is used in the treatment of symptoms associated with allergic conditions like sneezing, itchy nose, teary or burning eyes and the common cold.
- It is also used in relieving the symptoms of allergic skin reactions such as rashes and hives.
Contraindications of Alaspan 5 MG
Side effects of Alaspan 5 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Alaspan 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any severe liver problem
- You have diabetes
- You are about to have skin tests. Discontinue this medicine at least 48 hours before skin tests and inform your doctor that you are taking this medicine.
- Alaspan syrup is not recommended for use in children less than 2 years old.
Mode of Action of Alaspan 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alaspan 5 MG
- Take Alaspan syrup as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
Interactions of Alaspan 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, antibiotics like erythromycin and cimetidine to treat heartburn or stomach ulcers.
Storage and disposal of Alaspan 5 MG
- Store Alaspan syrup in the original packaging in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alaspan 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Alaspan syrup at night?
Q: Who should not take Alaspan syrup?
Q: What are the side effects shown by Alaspan syrup?
- Loratadine 5 mg/ 5 ml syrup - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 September 2021]
- Loratadine 5 mg/ 5 ml syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 September 2021]
- Drugs H. Loratadine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 23 September 2021]