Agiclob Nm Cream
Agiclob Nm Cream Description
Agiclob Nm Cream is a topical medicine. It is used for the treatment of inflammation and swelling in various skin conditions suspected to have bacterial or fungal or mixed skin infections. Agiclob Nm
Cream contains clobetasol, neomycin and miconazole as their active components. This cream helps in reducing the symptoms like redness, swelling and itchiness. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties, neomycin is an antibacterial agent and miconazole is an antifungal agent. Agiclob Nm Cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
|Contains||Clobetasol(0.05 %) + Miconazole(2.0 %) + Neomycin(0.5 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, thinning of skin|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
- Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gmBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15g Cream in TubeMRP 92.00₹ 78.20₹ 5.21/Gram
Uses of Agiclob Nm Cream
Contraindications of Agiclob Nm Cream
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, neomycin, miconazole or any of the ingredients in Agiclob Nm Cream.
- It should not be used for treating infection in and around the genitals or anal area, face, acne and skin perforations.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- You should not use this cream for acne, rashes or skin conditions around your mouth and in the external ear canal.
- You should not use this cream if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- Agiclob Nm Cream should not be used in children below 2 years of age and for nappy rash.
Side effects of Agiclob Nm Cream
- Burning, irritation, itching at the area Agiclob Nm Cream is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Agiclob Nm Cream
Other General Warnings
- You are experiencing any allergic reactions to the skin after applying the Agiclob Nm Cream.
- You are experiencing other infections after applying this cream.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using this medicine for a weak.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply the Agiclob Nm Cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Agiclob Nm Cream
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Agiclob Nm Cream
- Use Agiclob Nm Cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only. Apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Agiclob Nm Cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 7 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Agiclob Nm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Agiclob Nm Cream is for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Agiclob Nm Cream with other medicines. However, as Agiclob Nm Cream contains three different components, any interaction was seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection, antibiotics such as Erythromycin, blood-thinning agents like Warfarin and Verapamil used in heart problems....
Storage and disposal of Agiclob Nm Cream
- Store Agiclob Nm Cream below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard the expired or medicine that is no longer required properly.
Dosage of Agiclob Nm Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Agiclob Nm Cream good for pimples?
Q: Is Agiclob Nm Cream a steroid?
Q: How long should Agiclob Nm Cream be used?
Q: Can I use Agiclob Nm Cream for burns?
Q: How many times I should apply Agiclob Nm Cream?
Q: Can I use Agiclob Nm on my vagina?
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Neomycin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Daktarin 2% w/w cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- SONADERM ® -NM Cream [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]