By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
Af Kit is a medicine belongs to group of macrolide antibiotics.
Uses of Af Kit
- Used in the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, and other parts of the body, Sexually transmitted diseases, diseases arising from infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia, urinary infection.read less
Contraindications of Af Kit
Do not take this medicine if you have any allergic reaction to it or any other antibiotic from same class like erythromycin.
Side effects of Af Kit
- Breathing difficulty
- Swelling body (throat, lips)
- Diarrhoea, nausea
- Stomach pain
- Skin reaction, rash, itching, blistering, fever
- Difficulty to pass urine, blood in urine
- Red skin with yellow fluid
- Swelling of pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Yellowing of the skin (Jaundice)
- Lack of appetite
- Heart beat irregular
Precautions and Warnings of Af Kit
Can I take Af Kit during pregnancy?
The effect of Af Kit on the fetus is not known, consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you on the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Af Kit while breastfeeding?
Azithromycin partially passes into human breast milk. If you are Af Kit then stop breastfeeding your baby. The doctor recommended that discard the milk during treatment and up until 2 days after discontinuation of treatment. You can restart breastfeeding thereafter.
Can I drive if I have consumed Af Kit?
No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines, however if you observe or experience any side effect like dizziness, fits you should not to drive or use machines. Contact you doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Af Kit?
No information is available on interactions of Af Kit when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have muscle weakness(myasthenia gravis)
- You have any neurological or pasychiatric or mental problems
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- You have any allergic reactopns like swelling throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection
Mode of Action of Af Kit
How Does It Work?
Af Kit prevents growth of bacteria by interfering with their protein synthesis. It binds to a certain part of bacterial nucleus and inhibits the process required for bacterial growth. Thereby, bacteria are killed or bacterial growth is stalled depending of the organism and the medicine concentration.
Directions for Use of Af Kit
- It should be taken with half glass of water.
- If you are taking any antacids, then Af Kit should be taken at least one hour before or two hours after the antacids.
Interactions of Af Kit
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners like warfarin
- Medicine used to treat heart problems like digoxin
- Medicine used to treat HIV infection like nelfinavir or zidovudine
- Medicine used to treat gout like furosemide
- Medicine used to treat migraine like ergotamine
- Medicine used to treat tuberculosis like rifabutin
- Medicine used to treat cholesterol level like atorvastatin
- Medicine used to treat stomach problems or for fever like terfenadine
Interactions with food items
Food does not affect the absorption of this medicine. Af Kit can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Af Kit
Af Kit should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat, and keep out reach of children. Do not take this medicine after expiry date which is mention on the medicine.
Dosage of Af Kit
If you suspect overdose of Af Kit immediately inform your physician or reach to nearest hospital for treatment. Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Af Kit if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want stop treatment.
Q: Is Af Kit contains any lactose?
A: Yes, it contains lactose (type of sugar), if doctor told you that you have some lactose intolerance (inability to digest lactose) you have to inform your physician about this before taking Af Kit.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved