Adit 0.5% Oint 20gm
Adit 0.05 % Description
Adit Ointment contains tretinoin, a form of vitamin A as its active ingredient. It is used for the topical treatment of acne. During the treatment with Adit Ointment, it is recommended to avoid being
exposed to sunlight for too long after applying for this medicine. You can use sunscreens with at least SPF 15 before going outdoors. Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated, as it can make your skin dry. Do not pop acne as it may lead to bacteria & pus spreading on the skin that can lead to the spread of acne and acne scar.
Uses of Adit 0.05 %
Contraindications of Adit 0.05 %
Side effects of Adit 0.05 %
- Dry skin
- Scaling or peeling of the skin
- Burning sensation on the skin
- Redness of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Adit 0.05 %
Other General Warnings
- You should avoid using it on inflamed or sunburned skin, due to the possibility of severe irritation.
- You experience redness, dryness or severe irritation. The doctor may reduce the dose and frequency of application of Adit Ointment or may also discontinue the treatment for some time.
- You should avoid being exposed to direct sunlight, after applying this Ointment, to reduce the chances of photosensitization (which means skin damage due to UV or sunlight). Try to use a good sunscreen with at least SPF 15 and full clothes to avoid exposure....
- You have an allergy to fish proteins, as there are chances of developing severe itching or swollen red bumps on the skin.
Mode of Action of Adit 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Adit 0.05 %
- Apply Adit Ointment exactly as directed by your doctor.
- It is for external use only.
- Apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Apply a thin layer of Adit Ointment to the affected area.
- You should wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Interactions of Adit 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Adit Ointment is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are already using topical medicated soaps, shampoos, cleansers or products with a high concentration of alcohol, as it can increase the irritation with Adit Ointment.
- Caution is advised if you are also taking medicines that increase sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitizers) like thiazides (antihypertensives), tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones, sulfonamides (antibiotics to treat infection), phenothiazines to treat brain disorders, because of the risk of side effects associated with exposure to the sun....
Storage and disposal of Adit 0.05 %
- Store Adit Ointment in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.