Acitrom 2mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Acitrom 2 MG Description
Acitrom 2 mg tablet is used to treat and prevent the formation of abnormal blood clots (thrombus) in the blood vessels. It is used in various diseases associated with abnormal blood clots affecting t
he heart, brain, legs and lungs. It contains acenocoumarol as an active ingredient that works by inhibiting the action of an enzyme responsible for the clotting of blood. You should not take the Acitrom 2 mg tablet if you are pregnant, if you have high blood pressure, have an existing condition of risk of bleeding & recent history of surgery. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Acitrom 2 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹31.19 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treat and prevent blood clotting|
|Side effects||Bleeding in stomach, intestine, liver, eye, urinary tract and brain|
Uses of Acitrom 2 MG
- Treatment and prevention of diseases where the blood vessels are obstructed (thromboembolic diseases) such as Deep vein thrombosis (mainly affects legs) and other disorders related to the heart, lungs and brain due to blood clot formation....
- As an adjuvant in the treatment of obstruction of blood flow through the heart due to blood clot (coronary occlusion).
Contraindications of Acitrom 2 MG
- If you are allergic to acenocoumarol or any ingredient of Acitrom 2 mg tablet
- If you are at a risk of bleeding due to blood disorders.
- If you have high blood pressure or accumulation of fluid around the heart.
- If you have a recent history of stroke due to bleeding in the brain or brain haemorrhages.
- If you have stomach ulcers or intestinal bleeding, urinary tract infection or respiratory tract problem.
- If you recently had or about to have surgery, have a liver or kidney problem, pregnant or planning a baby.
- People who are difficult to co-operate such as alcoholics, with mental deterioration or psychiatric disorders.
Side effects of Acitrom 2 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Acitrom 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver problem as the liver is the main site of the formation of blood clotting factors, and it can be affected.
- You have known medical conditions like kidney or heart problem, the dose will be decided depending upon the severity of your underlying conditions.
- You are suffering from a blood disorder like abnormal bleeding after injury; caution is required for such patients.
- You are an older person or giving it to a child, be cautious and more frequent monitoring of PT/INR is recommended.
- You are suffering from a rare condition where calcium builds up in blood vessels in the skin, as these medicines contain calcium.
- You have disorders due to which absorption from the gut is not proper.
- You have increased thyroid levels, infection or inflammation, cancer or tumour.
- You experience bleeding problems, reach out to your doctor.
Mode of Action of Acitrom 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Acitrom 2 MG
- Acitrom 2 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Acitrom 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes medicines can interfere with the action of Acitrom 2 mg tablet or Acitrom 2 mg tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular if you are on certain medications like antiplatel medicines, anticagulants like heparin, antibiotics like clindamycin, medicines used to treat heart and brain related disorders, cholesterol lowering medicines painkillers etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antihypertensive medicines like atorvastatin, medicines used to treat underactive thyroid gland like levothyroxin, anti-HIV medicines etc.
- The anticoagulant effect of Acitrom 2 mg tablet may be diminished, when taken along with ceratin medicines anti-cancer medicines, anti-epileptic medicines, St John’s Wort (herbal medicine for brain disorder), oral contraceptives, water pills like furosemide, immunosuppressants etc....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Acitrom 2 MG
- Store Acitrom 2 mg tablets in original packing to protect it from sunlight
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Acitrom 2 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do I need to take any precautions before taking Acitrom 2 mg tablet?
- Yes, you should be very careful while playing, shaving, cutting nails etc. as there is increased risk of bleeding.
- You need to inform your doctor immediately if you find bloodstains in your cough or stool.
Q: For how long do I need to take Acitrom 2 mg tablet?
Q: Why avoid leafy vegetables when on Acitrom 2 mg tablet?
Q: Which vegetables should be avoided by patients taking Acitrom 2 mg tablet?
Q: What other food products should I avoid while taking Acitrom 2 mg tablet?
- Sinthrome 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Sinthrome 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- ACITROM | Prescribing Information [Internet]. Acitrom.com. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Role of Patient Education and CouRole of Patient Education and Counseling in Acenocoumarol Management [Internet]. Longdom.org. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Acenocoumarol [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Acenocoumarol: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]