Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aciloc RD 20 tablet is a combination medicine. It is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). GERD is a condition where acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the foodpipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. Aciloc RD 20 contains a combination of domperidone and omeprazole. Aciloc RD works by reducing acid production and preventing the backflow of acid to the food pipe. It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Try to take this medicine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or at least 1 hour before the meal. Before taking this medicine or initiating the treatment let your doctor know about your detailed medical and medication history....
|You Save||₹7.69 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Omeprazole(20.0 Mg),Domperidone(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, stomach pain, diarrhoea, dry mouth|
|Classification||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Omeprazole(20.0 Mg) + Domperidone(10.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
Uses of Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
Aciloc RD 20 tablet is used to treat GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease), not responding to omeprazole alone. It helps in relieving symptoms such as heartburn or acidity.
Contraindications of Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
- If you are allergic to omeprazole, domperidone, any of the ingredients of the Aciloc RD 20 tablet.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine called nelfinavir.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver disorder or impairment.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumours of the pituitary gland).
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- Medicines known to alter heart rhythm should not be taken along. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
Can I take the Aciloc RD 20 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available on the use of the Aciloc RD 20 tablet in pregnancy. Hence, this medicine should be used only prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Aciloc RD 20 tablet while breastfeeding?
- Components of the Aciloc RD 20 tablet pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding, only if it is necessary. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother....
Can I drive if I have consumed the Aciloc RD 20 tablet?
Aciloc RD 20 tablet is unlikely to affect the ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness, visual disturbances after taking this medicine avoid driving or be cautious.
Can I consume alcohol with the Aciloc RD 20 tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and the Aciloc RD 20 tablet. However, avoid consuming alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You are suffering from an HIV infection.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection.
- You develop skin lesions after taking the Aciloc RD 20 tablet.
- You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis or are taking any medicines.
- You have serious heart problems like heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
- You have been taking the Aciloc RD 20 tablet for more than three months. Your doctor may perform regular tests for monitoring your blood magnesium levels.
- Taking this capsule for more than a year may weaken bones, on prolonged treatment consult with your doctor regularly.
- If you are on long term treatment with this medicine, then your doctor may start you on calcium or vitamin B12 supplements.
Mode of Action of Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
Aciloc RD 20 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken in the morning before food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Aciloc RD 20 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
- Store the Aciloc RD 20 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Aciloc Rd 20mg Tablet 10'S
Symptoms of an overdose are dizziness, nausea, headache, confusion, agitation, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, altered consciousness, disorientation, sleepiness and tremors. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of the Aciloc RD 20 tablet, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
A: Yes, both cause an increase in acidity. Smoking also relaxes a valve present between the food pipe and stomach. This leads to stomach acid coming back upwards in the food pipe. This worsens reflux/ GERD disorders.
Q: How to take Aciloc RD 20?
A: Take the Aciloc RD 20 tablet as advised by your doctor. You should take this medicine with a glass of water, preferably 30 mins before meal.
Q: What is Aciloc RD used for?
A: Aciloc RD Tablet is used to treat GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease), not responding to omeprazole alone. It helps in relieving symptoms such as heartburn or acidity.
Q: When should Aciloc RD be taken?
A: You should take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Take the tablet before a meal, at the same time every day. If you have no symptom relief after taking this medicine for 2 weeks continuously, consult your doctor.
Q: What is the difference between Aciloc RD and Aciloc 150?
A: Aciloc RD is a combination medicine containing omeprazole and domperidone. Whereas Aciloc 150 contains ranitidine. Both these medicines are used to reduce acid production in the stomach however, the way these medicines work varies.
Q: Is Aciloc RD safe during pregnancy?
A: There is limited safety information available. Aciloc RD may be prescribed by your doctor if the benefit of this medicine overweighs the risk associated with it to pregnant women as well as the growing foetus.
Q: What is the side effects of Aciloc Rd?
A: Dry mouth, headache, dizziness, stomach pain, flatulence are a few common side effects that can be seen during the treatment. However, everyone doesn't need to experience the same.
Q: What are the contents present in Aciloc Rd?
A: The contents present in Aciloc Rd is a combination of domperidone and omeprazole, as its active component.
Q: Can I take Aciloc RD after a meal?
A: Aciloc RD should preferably be taken in the morning before food. It would be best if you took it regularly for maximum effectiveness.
Q: What is the dose of Aciloc RD?
A: The dose and frequency of Aciloc RD vary among individuals depending on the condition it is being taken for. You should not consume more than the recommended daily dose by the doctor.
Q: Does Aciloc RD work for loose motion?
A: No, the Aciloc RD tablet does not have any action in controlling loose motion. It is an anti-reflux medicine used to reduce the formation of acid in the stomach and reduce the backflow of acid to the food pipe.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.