Omez Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
Omez-DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). It contains a combination of domperidone and omeprazole. This capsule is used when it does not
respond to omeprazole therapy alone. Gastrointestinal reflux disease or GERD is a condition where acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take this capsule at least 30 mins before food. Do not miss any dose or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Along with taking medicine on time, making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly and avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal. Limit intake of alcohol, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Omez-DSR capsule.
Uses of OMEZ DSR STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
Contraindications of OMEZ DSR STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- If you are allergic to omeprazole, domperidone, any of the ingredients of Omez-DSR capsule.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine called nelfinavir.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver disorder or impairment.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumours of the pituitary gland).
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- Medicines known to alter heart rhythm should not be taken along. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of OMEZ DSR STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of OMEZ DSR STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You are suffering from an HIV infection.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection.
- You develop skin lesions after taking Omez-DSR capsule.
- You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis or are taking any medicines.
- You have serious heart problems like heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
- You have been taking Omez-DSR capsule for more than three months. Your doctor may perform regular tests to monitor your blood magnesium levels.
- Taking this capsule for more than a year may weaken bones, on prolonged treatment consult with your doctor regularly.
- You are on long-term treatment with this medicine, then your doctor may start you on calcium or vitamin B12 supplements.
Directions for Use of OMEZ DSR STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- Omez-DSR capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably be taken in the morning before food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of OMEZ DSR STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- Store Omez-DSR capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of OMEZ DSR STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of OMEZ DSR STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Interactions of OMEZ DSR STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Omez-DSR capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....