Acarb 50mg Tablet
Acarb 50 MG Description
Acarb Tablet is a medicine used to control high blood sugar in patients with Type II diabetes. It contains acarbose as an active ingredient. It is used for patients where diet alone and other anti-di
abetic medicines are not able to produce adequate blood sugar control. It works by inhibiting the action of certain chemicals which breaks down the complex carbohydrates and releases glucose in the blood. It helps in controlling the post-meal sugar spikes. Patients with diabetes should follow all the instructions, dietary recommendations, and exercise regimen suggested by your doctor while taking this medicine to achieve optimal blood sugar levels. Before initiating the treatment tell your doctor about your detailed medical history and all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking or might take.
|You Save||₹14.17 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Type II diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Ga, bloating, stomach upset, diarrhea|
- Acartex 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zeelab Pharmacy10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.00₹ 51.00₹ 5.1/Tablet
- Glucobay 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Bayer Zydus Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 155.00₹ 131.75₹ 13.18/Tablet
Uses of Acarb 50 MG
Contraindications of Acarb 50 MG
- If you are allergic to acarbose or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have inflammation, ulcer, hernia or obstruction in any part of the intestine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby.
- If you have kidney or liver-related disorder.
Side effects of Acarb 50 MG
- Accumulation of gas
- Abdominal pain
- Stomach related discomforts
- Feeling of fullness
Precautions and Warnings of Acarb 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are experiencing low blood sugar after taking this medicine.
- The administration of certain antacids should be monitored while taking this medicine.
- You may develop liver problems while taking this medicine, regular monitoring of liver enzymes is recommended.
Mode of Action of Acarb 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Acarb 50 MG
Interactions of Acarb 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way this medicine works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines like insulin, metformin and glimepiride as it can lead to an excessive drop in blood glucose and symptoms need to be monitored.
- Medicines containing digestive enzymes and absorbents can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Other medicines that are used to lower blood cholesterol and medicines used for heart diseases like nifedipine and digoxin should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Acarb 50 MG
Dosage of Acarb 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)